• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Terrain and texture creator, 3D modeller

JohnV

Terrain Machine
3D Artist
Terrain Sculptor
Hi, I am John. Just registered to Pirates Ahoy! I am a huge fan of realism and nature, so I like a lot realistic RPGs and especially Pirate ones. I always dreamed to make a realistic pirate RPG game with lots of challenging adventures with dangerous quests and mysteries to solve, naval combats and boardings that would feel like real life and all that in a vast and beautiful world, that would be really interesting to explore. I used to play POTC and AOP COAS a lot, especially with the awesome mods that you created. I am really dissapointed that RPG games like these are so rare nowadays and when I noticed this forum and the people's enthousiasm about realistic pirate games, I signed up.

I like a lot creating terrains with World Machine (just check out the gallery, you will see some really cool stuff, not mine though) or Earthsculptor. I am a member of the Rigs of Rods forum, the most realistic vehicle simulator, which I have created maps for and still creating. And the best part is when you texture them. And this game is open source! I believe that people working without much interest in money and such, they work together like a real team and the outcome could reach or exceed commercial games! I am not joking.

Also, I use blender quite a lot and I have some basic knowledge, so maybe I can make some ship models, buildings and other objects. I am still learning it though, and I don't have very much experience, but I think it is enough to be able to contribute to this awesome project.

I am also going to learn C++ sooner or later, I have already some basic knowledge in coding through books, but not some practical one.

I would really like to help. I don't know if I have much time due to my studies (Architecture in NTUA), but I will help as much as I can:)

Ahoy and welcome, mate! :ahoy

We always appreciate modellers' help, and I'm impressed by the capabilities of the World Machine! It would be great if you could contribute to terrain sculpting, and with that tool the results could be very impressive. Welcome to the team. :cheers

I'm glad you think we're likely to produce an exceptional game. We're a pretty determined bunch here, so if one thing's for sure, it's that we won't stop 'till we have a realistic Age of Sail RPG done properly.

Thanks a lot for letting me join your team!:) I am very glad you do not lose your determination.

Welcome indeed! Your help will be much appreciated.

It'll be hard to get a fully new game done, but if we work together, do not give up and can find more people interested in joining, there is lots of potential! :woot

You seem to have a good understanding of what we are trying to do, and you are enthusiastic with many useful skills! Welcome aboard mate!

Thanks for your warm welcome:) I believe you are a great team.

Back