• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Testing List: Purpose and Use

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
This is where features go when they're ready for testing.
Same for bugs where a fix has been made, but we need confirmation that the fix worked.

It is partly intended to un-clutter the Build Mod Bug Tracker | PiratesAhoy! forum.
But it also serves as a nice To-Check list for our testers as, of course,
when bugs are fixed, we want to know that the fixes actually WORKED! :cheeky

This is also the place to provide feedback on new features that have been added into the game.
Let us know what you like, but more importantly, let us know what does NOT yet work well from actual gameplay!

This forum uses the following thread prefixes:

"Low/Medium/High Priority": Various importances for issues where we still REQUIRE player feedback prior to the next public release of the modpack.
Any and all comments on these will be much appreciated!

"Included in Build": This new feature is considered ready for public release.
Any small fixes that are confirmed OK will be archived here: Build Mod Bug Tracker | PiratesAhoy!
New features that are considered fully OK will be archived here: Features Archive | PiratesAhoy!
We may choose to keep certain "Included in Build" issues on the Build Testing List | PiratesAhoy! itself.

Prior to a public release, there should be NO "Low/Medium/High" items left on this forum.
The only threads left will be the ones we would still like to hear feedback on from after the public release.
These will be the MAIN brand new (and somewhat experimental) features.
This would give new players a brief overview of what is new and would allow them to easily find the prior discussions on those topics.

Last edited:
I updated the opening post to clarify further on the meaning of the various "Prefixes" that are in use on this forum.
Hopefully that helps people understand the process that we want to follow prior to a public release of the mod.

If anyone has any questions on this, by all means, let me know!

I've just done a massive pre-Beta 4 public release clean-up of the Testing List.
A lot of stuff has been marked as OK now, most on the assumption that "no news is good news".

There is still some stuff that I want feedback on though.
So once again, I'll repeat my request: PLEASE actually look through the open items and comment.

I've got to admit I am massively disappointed by how well this new forum is working out.
It seems that whenever I put anything on here for testing, silence is what follows.
Which means we never do find out if stuff is actually properly taken care of or not.

That is SUPER annoying! When I fix stuff, I want to know that it is indeed FIXED.
Otherwise the list just keeps getting bigger and bigger and that just doesn't help one bit.

Sorry, just had to say that. :diomed

From my perspective the main problem is that a lot of the stuff in that list would require a negative report. Take for example the probably fixed questbook texts I simply can't envisage anyone thinking "I've just completed x number quests with no garbled texts I'd better rush over to the forum and report no problem.

So I hope that the no news is good news approach is correct, the best we can hope is that people have indeed read the list and would therefore report a problem with an item in the list (if encountered) where otherwise they might not have bothered (which seems fairly prevalent too). Beyond that it would take adding logit style "please report the successful completion of this to PA" messages inserting at fixed elements until they are indeed reported as fixed - which is somewhat over the top.

From my perspective the main problem is that a lot of the stuff in that list would require a negative report. Take for example the probably fixed questbook texts I simply can't envisage anyone thinking "I've just completed x number quests with no garbled texts I'd better rush over to the forum and report no problem.
Probably. That was the reason why once in a while, I have been asking people to go through threads and comment on stuff.
If some people do and say they didn't notice the problem, that makes for much more comfortable confirmation....

Back