• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Black Pearl, the fastest ship to sail the waters of the Caribbean.

Having a straight answer would be nice. I feel like either no one knows and won't tell me they don't know. Or they know and are not interesting in sharing their helpful insight. I really would rather not jump through a series of hoops just to find out no one knows. And on top of that, I already did what research I could do. So I mean, having someone meeting me half way and helping out would be nice.
We're not aware of any real plans of the ship other than the one you showed in the first post. If we knew of any others, we'd tell you.
Being a fictional ship rather than a real one, it's not very well documented. :shrug

I believe the drawings by @bonjourmonami that Pieter linked to were based on that same plan, just without the bow/stern view profile.
I think he just used his drawings and footage from the films as references to build the PotC Black Pearl model.

The Flying Dutchman seems to be a pretty exact replica of the Vasa. It has only some additional balconys on the stern, the rest is exactly the same, only a bit overgrown and rotten, like it has been a few years on the ocean floor before coming back to surface.
There's a documentary I have at home on her construction. If I recall, they did mention that influence.
Then went on about the Dutch fluyt design as well. I don't think the Vasa was a fluyt. :razz

I believe the drawings by @bonjourmonami that Pieter linked to were based on that same plan, just without the bow/stern view profile.
I think he just used his drawings and footage from the films as references to build the PotC Black Pearl model.
Yep, I do believe so as well. :yes

The Brig Unicorn, used as The Black Pearl, The Henrietta and The Terrasaw in the movies Pirates of the Caribbean, sank on Friday (May 23) while en route from St Lucia to St Vincent.

Back