• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help The Caribbean in a nutshell quest

TheExploited

Landlubber
Ahoy mateys!

I searched through the forum and I couldn't find any info on the "The Caribbean in a nutshell" quest.
It is a quest you from Fadey. It's when your brother Michel proposes you go see Fadey as he might have some work for you.

First 2 missions were fairly easy.

You first have to deliver certain amount of gunpowder and bombs from Guadalupe to Port-au-Prince.

The second mission is when you have to deliver 15 cannons from Port-au-Prince to the French frigate close to Portobello.
This one is harder. You are pretty tight with time and you will surely be attacked by pirates or the Spanish along the way. But it was achievable.

Then the captain of the Frigate will send you to Portobello to find out why is galleon Alacantra not setting sail. And what is happening with Sylvan Laforet aka Jaime Silicio who disappeared in Portobello. Did anyone get past this mission?
I tried getting to church. I tried getting to the tavern. Couple of times I actually made it. But nobody wants to speak with me. Can anyone please provide me with any help?

You were late. After returning from Guadeloupe and talking to your brother, you have 10 days to return and ask Fadey for a job. Don't miss this quest, it is a taste for things to come and you receive a matchlock musket and a talisman things you don't find at the sellers or in other places. Plus a lot of doubloons.

Let me answer my own question.

You need to sneak into the tavern. And you must not be discovered by soldiers. There you talk to a guy over the bottle of rum who just tells you about the Sylvan Laforet. You have to wait next morning. Then go and persuade beggar to find out what's happening with the ship. After you talk with the beggar in the evening you go back to the Frigate and report your findings.

Forth and final mission of the quest is to wait for the ship that is bringing ammunition for Alacantra. The ship will have purple sails and will be easy to spot. When you sink or capture the ship you go back to Guadalupe and collect your reward thus ending the quest.

The quest is very lucrative. Like someone said. You'll be receiving a talisman and the talisman recipe, matchlock musket and a shitload of duoublons.

I got the quest but the 2 weeks time to get to Portobello isn't enough for me. It was my bad luck because the wind direction is blowing north. T_T Anyone know how can i get there in time with this wind???

I got the quest but the 2 weeks time to get to Portobello isn't enough for me. It was my bad luck because the wind direction is blowing north. T_T Anyone know how can i get there in time with this wind???

You can move around the battle map. it will save a lot of time + on the battle map random wind.

Thanks for the tip. I finished the quest already thank to some dumb luck. The wind direction suddenly change to blow to the south when i near Jamaica. It was a close call. But it seem to me that the amulet isn't worth the trouble i had been had. It only effective within 120 days. I'd hoped the amulet was something more permanent. Still it's was fun and intense.

You have to wait next morning. Then go and persuade beggar to find out what's happening with the ship. After you talk with the beggar in the evening you go back to the Frigate and report your findings.

Can anyone tell me where exactly I can find this beggar, or what he looks like? I've run around Porto Bello dozens of times dodging guards, both at night and during the day, but I can't find him anywhere. Help would be much appreciated.

The beggar usually sit on the dirt begging for alms in the middle of the city or near the pier. If you can't see him, walk around a bit to look for a character dress in rag and talk to him.

I found out in another thread (on the steam forums) that he doesn't appear in the mornings, only the afternoons. When I waited till noon in the tavern he was sitting outside the door when I left.

so everything is fine now, good luck in the game. Try the slave trader quest and hope it isn't broken in your game. Talk to a banker in any port. Slave is a good source of money and crew.

Back