• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released The Empress finally arrives!

Oh good. I was worried how close to the next patch my slacking off was putting me. lol
razz.gif

Nîce-1 ;:)

Donno what a!! other lanlubberooneys are on about, a few sea-faring aficionados have received a carton full 'f fizzy drinks. Methinks we launch a party. ..with champagne, just blerfect, innit? ow, the stomach.

A-wotta? you get this yacht afloat and all the waters will be swarming with these Chinese lantern and a bit of boat. Ow, when all shipyards are stacked up we will possibly send her on a reconnaissance spree to find out if the coast is clear.
..if not speak with the tipsy pet on yer shoulder.

:yoho, "When a clumsy native almost dropped a bottle, ow the image, i said to the way-laying street hawker 'Do not bowwer, it's merely a Martini Dry'. Whaddaya say?"

"So absinth-lutely bright. Add me to your how-to twitter list."

Add-it: "Prost sayco."
:cheeky, "Chipperoké that. Too much nice schnapps ooh wot."

I finally got a fee moment to finish the Empress!
keith.gif

Armada, if you think she's good to go, I'll go ahead and release her over to you guys. I know she still needs an issue with her missing crew sorted out.
dunno.gif

Here's some pics of the final product. What do you guys think?

Fullscreen capture 3212012 20152 AM.jpg Fullscreen capture 3212012 20158 AM.jpg Fullscreen capture 3212012 20206 AM.jpg

Fullscreen capture 3212012 20224 AM.jpg ENGINE 2012-03-21 02-10-28-62.jpg ENGINE 2012-03-21 02-11-03-19.jpg

ENGINE 2012-03-21 02-12-11-80.jpg ENGINE 2012-03-21 02-12-40-21.jpg ENGINE 2012-03-21 02-14-16-99.jpg

Great job, LS! I'd say she's ready to have her stats/crew sorted out now, so please do upload the model. :keith

Got the mess with the crew sorted out!
me.gif
Uploading her now. I guess all that's left then is you need to decide what you wanna do with her stats.

ENGINE 2012-03-21 07-27-06-28.jpg

Ok here are the Empress files. This includes: textures, gm files, walk files, ships_init.c entry, and other stuff. I can't remember what was updated and what wasn't, so I just included everything. Just merge it with your files.
keith.gif

Empress_File.7z

Glorgious indeed! (That's a combination of glorious and gorgeous, in case you were wondering)
Looking forward very much to seeing her in my game!

Glorgious indeed! (That's a combination of glorious and gorgeous, in case you were wondering)
Looking forward very much to seeing her in my game!

Hey Pieter, are there any unfinished projects that I need to get done for the next patch? As far as I know, I don't really have anything. All my current projects are kind of a go at my own pace thing. My list of finished and unfinished projects are on my signature.
keith.gif

Hey Pieter, are there any unfinished projects that I need to get done for the next patch? As far as I know, I don't really have anything. All my current projects are kind of a go at my own pace thing. My list of finished and unfinished projects are on my signature.
keith.gif
If I could add my two cents: I'd most like to see your SFX project continued, if possible. :will
Improved sounds can work wonders, and I know you had many ideas on what to do...

In the meantime, I should be sorting out the Empress' stats for her official release, shouldn't I? "Yep, get on with it Armada..." :razz

We did also have the outstanding request for a matching colour scheme for the HMS Dauntless and Interceptor. And has anyone tried to redo the Flying Dutchman's colours yet?

We did also have the outstanding request for a matching colour scheme for the HMS Dauntless and Interceptor. And has anyone tried to redo the Flying Dutchman's colours yet?

Ok I'll see what I can do. Didn't Armada give the Dutchman a texture improvement?

And has anyone tried to redo the Flying Dutchman's colours yet?
What needs doing to the Dutchman? I definitely re-textured the uncursed version when we replaced the old model,
and I vaguely recall tweaking the cursed version's colours slightly, but that's about it.
Sure there's room for improvement, but ideally that would entail tweaking the UVs in Maya...

You know what? I forgot to bump map anything on the Empress except for the sails. But idk . . . she looks pretty good as is. Think I should just skip it this time?

I know you did the uncursed one, but the cursed one looks a bit bright green compared to the movie. Not really crucial by any means though.

You know what? I forgot to bump map anything on the Empress except for the sails. But idk . . . she looks pretty good as is. Think I should just skip it this time?
You could always skip it for now and add the bump mapping later if you wanted. As far as I'm concerned, she looks great already. :cheeky

I know you did the uncursed one, but the cursed one looks a bit bright green compared to the movie. Not really crucial by any means though.
Fair point, I'm not happy with the current shade of green, either. It's a tricky one to get right, but I might get time to give it another look.

Ok here are the Empress files. This includes: textures, gm files, walk files, ships_init.c entry, and other stuff. I can't remember what was updated and what wasn't, so I just included everything. Just merge it with your files.
keith.gif

Empress_File.7z

Nice work bud, just a tip. Put the link in the first post because thats where most people will look. But indeed the Empress has finally arrived.:cool:

Ok, it seems she's not in GOF. Well looks like work on a patch for GOF will be required because there are a few ships to be added and a few changes i have made to some RTBL factors and realistic costs. But even without those code changes a patch would be released just for the new ships.:yes

Back