• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP The HMS Southampton

Seems like PA is being boarded by taleworlds forumites :cheers

Your boat looks very good, nice poly flow! Nothing to criticise, if you´ve done that by eye only than you´re really talented.

But still, the best advice I can give you is to use as much references as you can possibly get, so you can make your model something special. With the right amount of details even a small yawl can look amazing and be a real joy to play with ingame.

I posted a couple of plans for smaller ships here, some of them might be usefull for your project.
And I´m pretty sure an online copy of the AotS series about the Naval Cutter Alert can be ... errrr, 'found' somewhere on ze internets. ;)

And just to show that I´m a total nerd when it comes to ships, here´s a list of the references and books I´m using for the Sphynx and the Southampton (besides the actual plans):

Historic Ship Models, Mohnfeld
Architectua Navalis Mercatoria, Chapman
Chapman, The First Naval Architect
AotS Diana
AotS Blanford
AotS Pandorra
AotS Bellona
The 50-Gun Ship Leopard
First Frigates, Gardiner
The Art of Rigging, Steel
Rigging Period Ship Models, Chatham

Yes, I´m crazy :D

Small update again:

- changed the colour scheme (should be more realistic for a RN ship now)
- changed the planking size, planks were waaaaayyy too big in previous versions
- add some 'wear and tear', more to come
- combined all textures to a single 2048*1024 tga

23.jpeg

Thanks for your comments!

Been pretty busy the last few days, so I had not much time to work on the Southy.
But I managed add a bit of weathering/wear'n'tear details (the brown/orange parts are not textured yet):

6.jpeg
7.jpeg

too much or more of it?

P.S. I ******* hate making textures, can´t wait to start modelling again :cheeky

Very beautiful. Just right on the weathering. Very realistic. When do you plan on being finished so we can sail her?

HOLY WATERWALKING CHRIST!

That is AWESOME bava! Also the textures look gorgeous :p We should apply these to all pgargons ships too ;) Perhaps you should share you PSD file :p

Perhaps you should share you PSD file :p

Will do, I´m gonna upload it tomorrow afternoon :yes
But its a GIMP file and I don´t know if there´s a plugin for Photoshop.

Absolutely incredible! Looks almost like a physical model and you even added the draft marks! :woot

Are you SURE you didn't just take a photo of a wooden ship model being made? Cos it bloody well looks like it! xD:
Great job! :doff I'm running out of compliments, here!

Are you SURE you didn't just take a photo of a wooden ship model being made? Cos it bloody well looks like it! xD:

Psssssssss...don´t tell my dirty little secret... :facepalm

Back