• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP The HMS Southampton

Yep, I still have the model, dunno about the textures, though, but I´ll have a look. I´ll upload the ship if someone is willing to work on it :)

I for one would at least like to take a look at the model. She would be ideal for Hearts of Oak, and chances are I'd probably end up finishing the model (despite dragging my feet with the Bellona :wp), because she looks so damn beautiful. Don't worry if you can't provide the textures, but any image references would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: Oh, I'd need the model in .mb or .fbx format, preferably. Is that OK?

I would also be willing to work on her, though of course I am working on the Hebe as well. :p If you run out of time Armada I'll pick her up, but it would seem you have dibs ;) Bava, are these the plans you were working from? http://richardsmodelboats.webs.com/32gunfrigate.htm
Hehe, early bird catches the worm. :cheeky
I'll do what I can, at least. As Captain Sparrow points out though, there are other unfinished ships you could take on.

Well the ship in the thread titled "My Third Try" Is the HMS Sphynx, which is by no means abandoned. To my knowledge Bava still intends to finish the HMS Phoebe, though she is not the highest priority for now. The Confederacy is ZarethPL's project it would seem, though Bava started the thread. Is ZarethPL still around? She looked nearly complete and quite nicely detailed, though of course more of an interior would need to be added.

Additional Info: Maybe I think much about to combine the mainparts of the Sphynx to the Southhampton (the most is identical). I need to sleep a few days over it.

I actually forgot about this ship, admittedly. :oops:

Anyway, I can upload the model for you if you'd like to take a closer look.

Ill ask Bava for a better UV-Export version. The first Sphynx have had horrible UVs and I need to remake all of them. Even more after the initial meshchanges and I think the Southhampton is close the same. My castle and the Surprise are waiting too. I need to sleep about because if I underrate the work again and from "fast" will be a quartal... I go crazy :aar

@Captain Armstrong: Found this picture in a book. Maybe it helps you for strucure of the gundeck:

dsc_7164o9s71.jpg

It definitely should, thanks! For some reason Braithwaite's otherwise excellent plans omit the stove and the position of various bulkheads and their doors, so It'll be a great help for that!

Back