• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The main game won't install

Cap'n max

Powder Monkey
I dont't know why, but when I try to install the main game, not the build mod, it says it cannot access the file because it is being used by another process, even though the installation is the only thing I am currently running. Please help! :(

I dont't know why, but when I try to install the main game, not the build mod, it says it cannot access the file because it is being used by another process, even though the installation is the only thing I am currently running. Please help! :(
What Windows version are you using?
Couple of things to try:
- Reboot your computer
- Avoid the Program Files folder at all costs!!! Use C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead, for example

it says: "An installation support file
'C:\Users\Max\AppData\Local\Temp\{B07DC0B6-923A-4877-9C81-1BF88BF6899A}\setup.inx'
could not be installed.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I barely even know what that means! Not sure how to get round that in a normal way either....

Take a look in your Program Files folder and see if there is an InstallShield folder present. Try renaming it or deleting it, then retry the installation. Older versions of InstallShield are notorious for confusing itself in this manner. It wouldn't hurt to run down the temp folder and deleting that as well just to be safe.

Last edited:
Back