• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released The Marianna

GhostOfDeath91

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hello,

I write this topic for you to share my work. Your mod, gave me the urge to make my own ship. I relied on the "Fast Galleon" to make a retexture I perfected for months. I even allowed to write his legend.

I hope you will like it. I would put the files online on this topic if people request it and if you want to add it in your mod. I am proud and honored.

PS: I speak French, sorry for my bad English.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEGEND
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Marianna, the ship of the Devil

The Marianna is the ship a Spanish seventeenth century. Under the orders of the Conquistador Ricardo de Orellana, the building went on an expedition to the New World to King Philippe IV. Orellana's mission was to find the legendary city of gold, El Dorado. The king had indeed great need of his wealth to lift the economy and avoid a disaster for the whole empire of Spain. The Marianna up the ink in the port of Cádiz and headed for the America. And the ship began its long journey to the gold and glory.

With reports of previous expeditions to find the lost city, Ricardo de Orellana was able to deduce where it was. He went to South America in the western part of the Amazon rainforest. At sea, the Marianna had been instructed the king to sink all enemy ships to Spain to keep the mission secret. During the trip, she sent back by the dozens of ships: French, English, Pirates... Orellana left no surviving building and meant certain death.

It is said that a small group of sailors aboard worshiped the Devil without the Conquistador's knowledge and supernatural forces have unleashed on the Marianna that protected it during battles.

After months of research, Ricardo de Orellana had succeeded where all others had failed: to find El Dorado. The peoples of the lost city greeted the Conquistador and his men as gods. Between gold and proliferation in the power of a divinity, Orellana took all the wealth he could carry on his ship and declared that he had nothing to share with the king declared himself the pirate. The Conquistador got ready to sail again to enjoy his loot. At the same time, in secret, the group of Satanist sailor captured natives and made them prisoners on the ship to make future sacrificial rituals.

The Marianna left the shores of the Amazon to heading to the Caribbean islands. Strange things began to occur on board. Footsteps, strange shadows, objects disappearing and reappearing in places where they should not be. Some crew members even had horrific visions of their own death.

These appearances were disturbing, but not for the Conquistador who ordered to continue the road to the Caribbean come what may. Satanists themselves, thought that these supernatural phenomena were the work of the Devil. Men were afraid of the cult and denounced their comrades to their commander. The ruthless Orellana, in an infernal rage, took his arms and carried himself mad Satanists. The appearances were quieted for a time.

But one day, a mysterious disease struck and devastated the ship crew members. The Marianna was marked by blood and was cursed forever. Ricardo de Orellana was the last to die at his desk in his cabin to contemplate the navigation maps that he used to find the lost city. He could never enjoy the riches he had found in El Dorado. As for his ship, he went on full sail to the Caribbean.

It is said that the Marianna continues to sail with his precious cargo in the Caribbean commissioned by the ghosts of the crew, the natives killed and Orellana. The ship appears as a spirit when the fog lifts and runs the buildings that are unfortunate enough to cross him. Over time, the ship changed his appearance and took that of a ghost ship haunted by spirits of Hell.

SCREENSHOTS

engine2012040717505465.png

engine2012040717541863.png

engine2012040717520878.png

engine2012040717524001.png

engine2012040717530887.png

engine2012040717450337.png

engine2012040717543700.png

engine2012040717545045.png

engine2012040717554698.png

engine2011121312032524.png

engine2011121312020360.png

engine2011121221502597.png

The story of this ship is interesting. The ship could be included in one of my main quests ( the Bartolomeu main quest or the Assassin one). I think a secondary quest could be a solution.

This is what I hoped I'd be really pleased if I could ship more quest had its own (primary or secondary). :keith

If you want to, I can make a small secondary quest to be included in one of my main quests. You just need to upload your ship :shrug

Btw : another thing, seeing you are texturer, maybe I could need your skills for a small work in the town I made : Cartagena

I can not host my ship on the forum so you can download it. It tells me every time "the file is too big" (2.92 MB). :modding

For the work you propose, I will try, but be advised it may take some time.

About the upload, two solutions : first, seeing you are now modder, I think you deserve 10 mo for your attachments. The administrator of this forum maybe could help you about that.

Another solution is to upload your file on the FTP site, you need to use ftp commander for that (see the section download of this forum : http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/files/file/27-ftp-commander/ and this http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/page__view__findpost__p__187292)

About the work on Cartagena, don't worry, it's only for improving some textures. I'll give you all the details this Friday...

Yes, tomorrow, I'll explain that :yes

About modder, send a message to rupertlittlebear to explain your situation : http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/user/4001-rupertlittlebear/ and asking him if you can have the title of modder so that you can receive your 10 mo of attachments.

Okay, I await your instructions for Friday.
Hello GhostOfDeath91,

Here's what I need. First, you will find in beta 2, the Cartagena town (but still unfinished, there are still many things missing). My problem is some textures are poor. They need to be improved. These textures belong to the Palace building. With the gm view, open Models\locations\Town_Cartagena\Palace\Palais.gm. For the textures, open textures\location\Spain and after just the textures folder. Can you improve these textures with the software you use?

The other task would be to make the textures of the Cartagena townhall more white (in other words, more spanish style). The townhall is the same model used in Guadeloupe. Open Models\locations\Town_Cartagena\Residence\Townhall.gm and the textures folder. In Nk.c (into the PROGRAM folder) you'll find all the locations of Cartagena. If you want to go there, install my console.c file in the Program folder, start the Bartolomeu storyline and just after the intro video press the F12 key.

Attachments

• console.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 184
GhostOfDeath91, welcome to the Modders group. Officially now! :doff

Thank you very much, it's a huge honor.:bow

Okay, I await your instructions for Friday.
Hello GhostOfDeath91,

Here's what I need. First, you will find in beta 2, the Cartagena town (but still unfinished, there are still many things missing). My problem is some textures are poor. They need to be improved. These textures belong to the Palace building. With the gm view, open Models\locations\Town_Cartagena\Palace\Palais.gm. For the textures, open textures\location\Spain and after just the textures folder. Can you improve these textures with the software you use?

The other task would be to make the textures of the Cartagena townhall more white (in other words, more spanish style). The townhall is the same model used in Guadeloupe. Open Models\locations\Town_Cartagena\Residence\Townhall.gm and the textures folder. In Nk.c (into the PROGRAM folder) you'll find all the locations of Cartagena. If you want to go there, install my console.c file in the Program folder, start the Bartolomeu storyline and just after the intro video press the F12 key.

I will do my best to fulfill your request.

For my part, here attached files of Marianna and quote data for inclusion in "Ships_init.c".

I have one favor to ask. I wish that in the mod, my ship will fog as the Black Pearl.

Thank you in advance.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Cursed the Marianna - Model modified by Yo Ho Ho - Retextured by GhostOfDeath91
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 118> (WBT4HF)
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;
refShip.Name = "La_Marianna";
refShip.id = refShip.Name;
refShip.SName = "FlyingDutchman";
refShip.Nation = PIRATE;
refShip.unique = true;
refShip.Class = 4;
refShip.Walk = "";
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS32;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 32;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(800);
refShip.Capacity = 4000;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 36;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonf.qty = 2;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonb.qty = 4;
refShip.MaxCrew = 340;
refShip.MinCrew = 50;
refShip.Price = 225000;
refShip.HP = 100000;
refShip.SP = 999999;

refShip.BigPicTexName = "SHIPS4"; //Armada
// KK -->
refShip.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "sail_torn_white_plain.tga";
refShip.EmblemedSails.nationFileName = "sail_torn_white_plain.tga";

refShip.BI.Tex = 14;
refShip.BI.Pic = 0;
refShip.QDeck = "ShipDeck6";
refShip.CannonsDeck = 1;
refShip.CargoHold = 1;
refShip.Cabin = "Cabin5";
refShip.Flags.Mast2.Flag1 = FLAG_NONE;
refShip.Flags.Mast3.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast4.Flag1 = FLAG_NONE;
// <-- KK

refShip.Model = "La_Marianna"; // KK
refShip.Type.Trade = false;
refShip.Type.War = true;
refShip.CanBuy = false;
refShip.CanEncounter = false;

refShip.WaterLine = -0.48;
refShip.SpeedDependWeight = 0.3;
refShip.SubSeaDependWeight = 1.0;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3 = 1;

refShip.RigType = "Bat";

if (!bArcadeMode){
refShip.SpeedRate = 12.8;
refShip.TurnRate = 80;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 4; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 0.5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 2.0; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 0.5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 2.5; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 2.0;
}else{
refShip.SpeedRate = 12.8;
refShip.TurnRate = 30;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 0.4; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 2.0;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 10; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 4;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 4.0; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 2.0;
}

// Review: Vessel configured as:
// high seas cruiser, deep draft V-hull, better turn circle (WBT4HF)
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 118> is henceforth complete
// on this day and date Jan 2 2010, 1727h

Attachments

• Marianna File.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 217
I downloaded the file :doff and kept the ship init values of your ship. i'll test that soon (this week-end I think). What do you mean about fog? You want the ship appears when the weather is foggy? if yes, I think I can do that.

Yes in order to meet the legend, the ship must appear only in a fog.

But I meant when I made ​​that I wanted the Marianna leaving a trail of mist when she sailed as the cursed Black Pearl.

PearlFog.jpg

About the Palais textures. May I suggest to add some squared stone structure to the ground of the courtyard.
Something like in "Cartagena town 1", I like that one!. The "real" Palais (in Stockholm) has that kind of ground.

Bartolomeu, when you post your quest update with this ship included, please remind me to enable fog for her; that should be easy enough. :yes

About the Palais textures. May I suggest to add some squared stone structure to the ground of the courtyard.
Something like in "Cartagena town 1", I like that one!. The "real" Palais (in Stockholm) has that kind of ground.
That seems a good idea. :yes. I'm looking forward to know what GhostofDeath91 can do with the textures. :will

Bartolomeu, when you post your quest update with this ship included, please remind me to enable fog for her; that should be easy enough. :yes
I'll do :yes . I didn't know the black pearl could make a trail of fog. :modding

To GhostofDeath91:

I'll include your ship in the first part of the last quest of the Assassin' storyline. You can read the story, downloading the file.

To Pieter: Since GhostofDeath91 has the modder profile, I can't send him PMs. Can you check if you've got the same problem, please?

Attachments

• story.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 183
Wha? Why can't you send PMs to Modders? That makes NO sense at all! :shock

Back