• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The medicine chest

blackhawker

Landlubber
Hi, I have a question to to part of the quest where you have to collect different medicine for Charles Vane (The medicine chest). My Problem is that after I bought the violin for the apothecary, I don't know how to go on!? I already searched in Pirates Ahoy Wiki. There they say I have to go to the library and talk to Rogers who will tell me where to find Dampier, but when I talk to him there's just an empty text box! And there's want to get the other medicine from the market place or the church for example (I also know from the Wiki)! I hope someone can help me! Thanks in advance for answers!
PS: Sorry for my bad English!

Sometimes for some reason this bit of the story fails :shrug

You should go back to an earlier save and try doing things in a different order - not the order given in the walkthrough on the Wiki - for example :-

I started again from a save at my arrival back in Port Royale from Vane's hideout. & talked to Woodes Rogers outside shipyard as before.

Picked up Surgery kit & medicine chest - talked to Grandma - talked to Selkirk in Bootyroom - then Caroline K & got jewelry.

Sold jewelery - bought antidote & Etherbottle

Went to church & talked to Cook outside - he opens half the chest.

***From here if you follow the order in the walkthrough - go to port - keys from boatswain - talk Apothacary - Rogers Shop & buy Violin - get violin & items in Grandmas room - go to port and give Apothacary violin - go to Library & talk to Rogers <<<<----- here you get the dialog screen with no dialog & Dampier is not in Gunroom - Claire Voyant & Dover are not in their places. ( Tried this several times )

SO after Cook opened the chest I went straight to the Library - Rogers talked to me OK -- went to Gunroom & talked to Dampier ( checked that Voyant & Dover were now in place )
THEN I went to Port - got keys from boatswain - talked to Apothacary - went to Rogers Shop & bought Violin - get violin & items in Grandmas room - go to port and give Apothacary violin

Then talked to Dover - talked to Claire Voyant & got her items -- went to tavern & got bottles - went back to Dover and collected his medicine

Talked to Rosabella in Crews Quarters & got her item - went to Booty room & talked to Selkirk and got Friday's leaves - went to Food cellar picked up Food Chest - collected food & took it to Cook at Church -- went back to food cellar & recovered Medcine Chest - talked to Grandma Rogers ( tells you to go see Stretton the Gunner) -- go to Armoury ( powder monky by door) & gunpowder Storage.

Try this and see if it works.

Quote taken from original post here:---->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/11724-jrh-quest/page__view__findpost__p__413155

:drunk

I have uploaded on the FTP under Jack Rackham: "JRH bugfix 1".
This small pack includes a fix for this sometimes empty dialog. :)

Sometimes for some reason this bit of the story fails :shrug

You should go back to an earlier save and try doing things in a different order - not the order given in the walkthrough on the Wiki - for example :-

I started again from a save at my arrival back in Port Royale from Vane's hideout. & talked to Woodes Rogers outside shipyard as before.

Picked up Surgery kit & medicine chest - talked to Grandma - talked to Selkirk in Bootyroom - then Caroline K & got jewelry.

Sold jewelery - bought antidote & Etherbottle

Went to church & talked to Cook outside - he opens half the chest.

***From here if you follow the order in the walkthrough - go to port - keys from boatswain - talk Apothacary - Rogers Shop & buy Violin - get violin & items in Grandmas room - go to port and give Apothacary violin - go to Library & talk to Rogers <<<<----- here you get the dialog screen with no dialog & Dampier is not in Gunroom - Claire Voyant & Dover are not in their places. ( Tried this several times )

SO after Cook opened the chest I went straight to the Library - Rogers talked to me OK -- went to Gunroom & talked to Dampier ( checked that Voyant & Dover were now in place )
THEN I went to Port - got keys from boatswain - talked to Apothacary - went to Rogers Shop & bought Violin - get violin & items in Grandmas room - go to port and give Apothacary violin

Then talked to Dover - talked to Claire Voyant & got her items -- went to tavern & got bottles - went back to Dover and collected his medicine

Talked to Rosabella in Crews Quarters & got her item - went to Booty room & talked to Selkirk and got Friday's leaves - went to Food cellar picked up Food Chest - collected food & took it to Cook at Church -- went back to food cellar & recovered Medcine Chest - talked to Grandma Rogers ( tells you to go see Stretton the Gunner) -- go to Armoury ( powder monky by door) & gunpowder Storage.

Try this and see if it works.

Quote taken from original post here:---->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/11724-jrh-quest/page__view__findpost__p__413155

:drunk

Hey! Sorry for the late reply!
Yes it worked thanks a lot!

Back