• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released the one and fifty three

OK, Here is the Hull 2 Texture I just finished. I git the theme from a model I found online. What do you think Nightwatcher?

Hear is the other one. Hull three is now ready and I have uploaded the ship with all its glory hear. Revenge.rar

RevengeHull3Stbaft.jpg

RevengeHull3portFwd.jpg

RevengeHull3Back.jpg

RevengeHull3Side.jpg

Revengewithmasts11.jpg

I like the details you put on the textures. :onya
Have'nt time to look at her in game, so this is a first shot of mine.

ps. Did you have the possibility to give her a more weathered look?
I comment more when i looked her in game.

The only thing I don't like on this texture is that the white on the bottom comes up too high. Otherwise its brilliant!!!

MK

Ya, I couldn't move the white down any lower due to the way the texture map is set to the model. So it was white up a little higher then it should or no white.
dunno.gif

The ships back in those days, If they where naval which the revenge was, would have been constantly painted and in upkeep by its crew so the only ships that would look weathered are those of the merchant class that did not have the money or the care to keep there ships looking pristine. Believe me, I was in the US Navy and we spent the majority of our time keeping our ships spotless as we and other Navy's have since ships sailed the sea.
icon_wink.gif

I'm converting the Revenge to POTC and have just got it in game. It turns out some changes need to be made, so let me know your opinions. Are the flags/pennants ok? The mainsails are still a bit unruly but will be tamed. :whipa

Umm, why are the lines from the jibsail going into the water? Where would be a better place to put them?

I've been having a grand time with this ship today. :luv This might be the very best walk file ever. And the rest of the ship aint too shabby neither. :bow The screenies kinda say it all.

LOL, I like how the second screenie shows her sinking the very ship she's going to replace. Such a sad farewell... hmm, not really. xD:

I'm done converting the Revenge to POTC. The last thing done was to fix the lateens. They are now blowing with the wind instead of against it. The sail corners were labeled in the wrong sequence.

Simply swapping sail1&2 and sail3&4 fixed them.

Armada will put the finishing touches on them before release.

Wow, get that screenie on ModDB! That's a brilliant way of showing off all three paint schemes! :woot

Pieter might have found a problem with the Revenge, all models.

There are some squares on the walls of the main deck. In GMViewer they are like picture frames but at sea they are filled with solid black. Are they supposed to be like that?

I just noticed all three Revenge versions are set to be used by England; do we want to have some used by other nations per chance?

My suggestion:
Revenge1 for England (on account on this being the original texture)
Revenge2 for Portugal or France
Revenge3 for Holland (on account of the green colour)

Sounds good to me. Currently they are only seen in English fleets and can only be bought in English shipyards.

I just noticed all three Revenge versions are set to be used by England; do we want to have some used by other nations per chance?
There's a very good reason for that, it seems. All three ships bear the Crest of Elizabeth I on the stern.
This being a national emblem, it sort of prevents the ships from being used by other navies right now. :no
We'd need to modify the texture for the ships we want to swap navies.

Back