• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help The Pirate Line and the National Lines

axeteam

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I was just wondering if you can turn to national line quests after doing the Brotherhood of the Coast line quest without doing the City of Abandoned Ships line. I am certain that you can join the BotC after doing the national lines. Answers please?

Its been a while decided to come back to see what was going on, but I don't think his question was clearly answered.

One, the CoAS quest has nothing to do with either the Pirate or National Questlines.
You can do this at any time, and you do not lose your title or Letter of Marque.
However, you will need "requip" your Letter of Marque after escaping the Isle of Justice if you want your position with your nation reestablished.

Two, You CANNOT do a national questline IF you have completed the ENTIRE pirate quest line.
Nor can you do the other way around, dependent on what nationality you picked, based on conflicting world events.

You CAN DO ANY ONE national quest line if you follow this information.
Complete the pirate questline UP TO the Invasion of Panama, but DO NOT go to Henry Morgan or start the attack.
Henry Morgan releases you from your oath after the Search for Steve Linney.
Proceed to whatever nation you want to do. Finish the ENTIRE quest line FIRST.
Then do the Attack on Panama.

My recommendation is do the CoAS quest, then Pirate Quest up to Attack on Panama, National Questline, Finish Panama, and rest and recover from your exploits and adventures.
Trust me you will be hard pressed to win the Invasion of Panama legitimately without God Mode on, it one of those developer "evil" missions designed to be played at end game. You will be beating your head against your keyboard, no matter how good you THINK you are.

FINAL NOTES:
1) If you fail at objectives in national quests, the quest line is OVER
2) If you fail at certain objectives in the pirate quest, the quest line is OVER
3) Talisman is correct that the PANQL (Play all National Quest Lines) does NOT work with any version of GOF because to much base code was changed and it interferes with other features.

Its been a while decided to come back to see what was going on, but I don't think his question was clearly answered.

One, the CoAS quest has nothing to do with either the Pirate or National Questlines.
You can do this at any time, and you do not lose your title or Letter of Marque.
However, you will need "requip" your Letter of Marque after escaping the Isle of Justice if you want your position with your nation reestablished.

Two, You CANNOT do a national questline IF you have completed the ENTIRE pirate quest line.
Nor can you do the other way around, dependent on what nationality you picked, based on conflicting world events.

Complete the pirate questline UP TO the Invasion of Panama, but DO NOT go to Henry Morgan or start the attack.

My recommendation is do the CoAS quest, then Pirate Quest up to Attack on Panama, National Questline, Finish Panama, and rest and recover from your exploits and adventures.
Trust me you will be hard pressed to win the Invasion of Panama legitimately without God Mode on, it one of those developer "evil" missions designed to be played at end game. You will be beating your head against your keyboard, no matter how good you THINK you are.

FINAL NOTES:
2) If you fail at certain objectives in the pirate quest, the quest line is OVER
3) Talisman is correct that the PANQL (Play all National Quest Lines) does NOT work with any version of GOF because to much base code was changed and it interferes with other features.
For me, the Panama attack was rather easy. While I was doing attack, I did not even know that there was something called God Mode.(I had a secret fighting technic.)

FINAL NOTES:
Somehow after doing the English Nation Quest-line up to Attacking Santiago and sinking the spanish pirate's fleet, I can't go onto map mode so I sailed to Puerto-Principe and Goodley was like,"Buddy, wana make some money?" Then I was like, WTF? I haven't completed the ENTIRE Nation Questline yet Goodley wants me to work with the BoTC? I accepted the request but somehow I decided to delete the save file. LOL.

Back