• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Queen Anne's Revenge

bonjourmonami

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Here is a blueprint I've made for the QAR, not saying I'm going to make her but here's what I think is a pretty accurate blueprint for you guys

the_queen_anne__s_revenge_by_bonjourmonami-d3eqtqd.jpg

OR we could try to build a historically accurate version of her rather than this Hollywood fantasy.....

If I was to pick any ship we have in our inventory to emulate her, I would use Pgargon's Greyhound as a template, but make her taller to accomodate a "slave deck" or oar galley deck and put an add hoc second gun deck in there. Blackbeard pierced her for guns on the slave deck. Still these would have probably only been smaller six or eight pounder guns.

She started life as an English slaver built around 1710 and was captured by the French. Then....

"After a year of successful plundering as Hornigold's protege', Blackbeard helped capture a French merchantman the 'Le Concorde de Nantes' off the island of St. Vincent in late 1717. This ship was captured by the French in 1711 and was originally the 'Concord' of Bristol, England, a slaver built in 1710 for the Swymmer Brothers. It was over 100 feet long, weighed 200 tons, and had between fourteen and twenty guns.

Captain Hornigold was so impressed with his skills, he immediately made the newly-acquired 'Concorde' Blackbeard's ship. He renamed her the 'Queen Anne's Revenge', increased the number of guns to forty, and parted ways with Hornigold to enter the next phase of his brief but stellar career."

Here's the POTBS thread on the subject: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33641

http://archive.burningsea.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1817&d=1151627616

http://www.qaronline.org/archaeology/QARSiteMap1.pdf

The Stranger Tides version seems to look more akin to a 400 ton Spanish Galleon of about 1640. To me she just looks like a very top-heavy Black Pearl with a bunch of crap added atop her stern.

Nice artwork/plan though. :onya

MK

That certainly is a nice blueprint, there! :doff

When seen from that perspective, I have to say she looks less over-exaggerated than what I've seen so far, and perhaps fairly decent after all.
Also, the plan does show very clearly the similarities with the Black Pearl... what on Earth does the movie have in store for us...? :huh

If, however, we could have a historically accurate QAR, that would also be great idea.
Who knows, we may even be able to get a historically accurate Blackbeard storyline made with it... :shrug

If the Adams family ever would decide to have a Pirateship, it would look like this, but it never fits for the QAR Role :modding
addams3.jpg

I have used one of the LightPinnace variations.
About 20 cannons which was the case before Teach increased it to 40, most swivelguns as I remembered it.

Why don't you do both the potc4 AND the historical Queen Anne's Revenge? That would satisfy both the potc nerds and the history nerds. lol

I would imagine the potc4 version would be easier since you would mostly be making the historical one from old drawings & paintings. :shrug

If you could only do one, I would suggest the poct4 version since there are already a bunch of ships from the movies in the game.

Just my opinion. :wp

It might just be me, but parts of the Queen Anne's Revenge look a lot like parts of the Black Pearl. So I bet you could just cheat and use the Pearl model as the base for the Revenge and tweak it as needed.

We know as a fact that the PotC4 QAR was built from the existing Black Pearl portrayer, so it's no wonder they look similar.
It leads you to wonder how the Pearl will fit into the film... :?

Yep. The Pearl and the Revenge were both built over the Sunset. The Sunset played the Pearl for potc 2 and 3. For the first movie, the Pearl was built over a barge.

The Stranger Tides version seems to look more akin to a 400 ton Spanish Galleon of about 1640. To me she just looks like a very top-heavy Black Pearl with a bunch of crap added atop her stern.
Sounds like a pretty accurate description based on what I gather from the movie. :cheeky

If the Adams family ever would decide to have a Pirateship, it would look like this, but it never fits for the QAR Role :modding
addams3.jpg
LOL! I like that way of phrasing it and I very much agree. She's far too "boney", also in her LEGO shape. :shock

You missed two gun ports :)

Compared to Black Pearl, QAR has only one gunport less - the one at the aft of gundeck.

Aside from that, I have trouble matching this to known side photos of QAR. Now I strongly suspect you based the basic hull shape off Black Pearl blueprints, so those cannot be wrong, but still... the shape of all stern additions seems to be off.

I'm hoping to see this in game in the coming months. Although the blue print seems toned down and plain I expect the more piratey detail, such as the ships look in the movie. I'm hoping that your going to make it as close as possible to the movie ship, by all means use the black pearl as a building base for the QAR but don't just change the hull and texture, the ship needs to feel like a pirate ship, so maybe add the dead crewmen that hang from the rigging. You will also have to add the skeleton on the bow of the ship seeing as it's not on the blue print atm. But saying that disney should put up blueprints of their own, also think about adding the ability to sleep in the cabin while at sea. also you'll want to try adding the captain on deck next to the helm makes it more realistic you see.
Would try all this myself however i dont have experience in 3D modelling, if you could tell me how to get experience and what software to use that would be great.

A quick wip pic of the Queen Anne's revenge with her new captain on the bridge.

The stern circles will be a bit simple I'm afraid. Also, I'm gonna add a few more cannons around the ship because the amount she has is ridiculous. She has less than the Pearl.
I'm gonna do some of the texturing but if someone wants to improve on it once she's finished and released, be my guest.

the_revenge_is_mine_by_bonjourmonami-d3i0lg2.jpg

if you'd want the QAR to be more realistic, you shouldn't base it off the movie ship at all. but whatever.

Jack Rackham has been working on a quest for a long time; it involves Blackbeard, but has nothing to do with the film.

He's still working on it; no download yet. It was supposed to be a (pretty epic) sidequest to the Standard storyline, if I recall.

Back