• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Queen Anne's Revenge

Hahaha as cool as the cursed Peal looks, I can't figured out how it moves around.
mybad.gif
But I try not to be too nit picky about these things because then you start sucking the fun out of things. I guess the Revenge has such a huge ass and is covered in skeletons because Disney wanted it to look scary. Personally, I think it woulda been fine with a smaller stern. But let's not forget the 4th movie has done has pretty well, so they obviously did something right. I thought the Revenge could done without the flamethrower though. That was the only part of the movie where I winced a little. lol
user_comment.gif

Omg people! This a thread for the Queen Anne's Revenge, not politics or America bashing. Stay on topic please.
mybad.gif
This is NOT America bashing. This is a running intelligent commentary on how younger players have come to embrace and prefer such rediculous hollywood fantasy over much more historically rich material that is available for the taking if one is simply willing to research it, educate oneself and go after it.

I LOVE this country and am if nothing else a patriot. I've been all over this world doing my country's bidding during a 24 year military career, and I've commanded hundreds of men in very stressful situations. Were the German's that resisted the Nazi's anti German? I am a very patriotic American who just happens to be very anti corporation....and I think the vast majority of Americans share that sentiment right now.

Historical Queen Anne's Revenge Forever!!!! I will pay someone to build it!

MK

I AM a fan of the PotC movies. I wouldn't have bought the original PotC game if it hadn't been a PotC game.
Probably. I do have a general interest in seafaring and history though.
But I DON'T like the design of the Queen Anne's Revenge, but DO like the Black Pearl.

Can we please tune down on the whole America thing please? It seems a bit of a sensitive subject and we don't want any raging arguments, do we?

I would just like to keep politics out of the forum, as it always tends to start fights. I too am a patriot. Thank you for your service to our country.
me.gif

No problem, mate. I know people can be very passionate about their country.
Personally, I think we're all Citizens of the World though, so there's no need getting worked up. :wp

I AM a fan of the PotC movies. I wouldn't have bought the original PotC game if it hadn't been a PotC game.
But I DON'T like the design of the Queen Anne's Revenge, but DO like the Black Pearl.

That's because the Pearl isn't over the top like the Revenge is. I didn't even think the Dutchman was over the top considering it's nature. Even though I think they went overboard with the stern and the skeletons, as an artist, I can admire some elements of her from an artistic point of view. I will enjoy getting to play the movie version of the Revenge when it's done. But I'll never stop hoping that some day, someone takes on the task of making a historically accurate version too.

Hey did anyone else notice the Revenge wasn't flying Blackbeard's Jolly Roger? What the hell? He has the coolest Jolly Roger of all, but they had what looked like a generic pirate flag. Which strikes me as odd, considering this picture:

[attachment=6797:2010-06-25-15-12-51-7-queen-annes-revenge-was-the-name-of-english-pirat.jpeg]

I know we already have Blackbeard's flag in the game so at least the Revenge will have the right flag in the game.

That's because the Pearl isn't over the top like the Revenge is. I didn't even think the Dutchman was over the top considering it's nature. Even though I think they went overboard with the stern and the skeletons, as an artist, I can admire some elements of her from an artistic point of view. I will enjoy getting to play the movie version of the Revenge when it's done. But I'll never stop hoping that some day, someone takes on the task of making a historically accurate version too.

Hey did anyone else notice the Revenge wasn't flying Blackbeard's Jolly Roger? What the hell? He has the coolest Jolly Roger of all, but they had what looked like a generic pirate flag. Which strikes me as odd, considering this picture:

[attachment=6797:2010-06-25-15-12-51-7-queen-annes-revenge-was-the-name-of-english-pirat.jpeg]

I know we already have Blackbeard's flag in the game so at least the Revenge will have the right flag in the game.

Hmm intresting Blackbeard has the red heart on the right side.... this flag in the picture has a red sign on the left side, still i think its a heart but on the left side... As far as i can remember this was a real pirate flag but not from Captain Teach( Blackbeard)... but a diffrent pirate.... i think Phillips was his name or John or something else... i cant really remember but th flags of this 2 are very similar :) :mm

Hmm intresting Blackbeard has the red heart on the right side.... this flag in the picture has a red sign on the left side, still i think its a heart but on the left side... As far as i can remember this was a real pirate flag but not from Captain Teach( Blackbeard)... but a diffrent pirate.... i think Phillips was his name or John or something else... i cant really remember but th flags of this 2 are very similar :) :mm

That's very interesting. I've never heard that before. I've always read and heard this flag was associated with Blackbeard.

[attachment=6798:512px-Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_(Edward_Teach).svg.png]

That's very interesting. I've never heard that before. I've always read and heard this flag was associated with Blackbeard.

Hmmm i think i was right the flag used in this picture isnt the original blackbeard one like u posted now....

400px-John_Quelch_Flag.svg.png

This is the flag used in the movie and i was right before its a flag used in real life by Jogn Phillips. intresting oh and Officerpuppy the flag u showed us is really terrible but it was clearly seen that this flag wasnt in the movie :S

Hmmm i think i was right the flag used in this picture isnt the original blackbeard one like u posted now....

[attachment=6799:400px-John_Quelch_Flag.svg.png]

This is the flag used in the movie and i was right before its a flag used in real life by John Phillips. intresting oh and Officerpuppy the flag u showed us is really terrible but it was clearly seen that this flag wasnt in the movie :S

[attachment=6799:400px-John_Quelch_Flag.svg.png]

This is the flag used in the movie and i was right before its a flag used in real life by Jogn Phillips. intresting oh and Officerpuppy the flag u showed us is really terrible but it was clearly seen that this flag wasnt in the movie :S

Ah, so we were both right.
william.gif

Oh gosh, the flag they used in the movie is the ugliest thing ever. I would have prefered a real flag or at least fake flag that at least resembles a flag of the era.

http://pirates.wikia...kbeard_flag.jpg

OMG That is horrid. Why didn't they use Blackbeard's Jolly Roger?
mybad.gif

They did.... still on the POTC wiki its says that this flag is his second flag... the first flag is his original :p

Well I certainly didn't see it in the movie. However I've only seen the movie once, so it's possible I missed it. I'll look closer when the movie comes out on DVD in October.

Back