• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Revenant

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I am not a Leonardo DiCaprio, however this trailer caught my attention a couple of months back :

I have always enjoyed a good western, or mountain man movie, and this one looked intriguing. They have just released a short TV spot with a revised release date of January.

I didn't really give much more thought to it though, until this morning. I was looking for Pirate news and ran across an article written about the real life explorer this movie is based on, Hugh Glass. It turns out that during his many adventures, he just happened to serve a year with the crew of none other than Jean Lafitte!

Some say that he committed barbarous acts, but mostly Glass was known as a trustworthy and honorable man, if a little strange. One contemporary described him as “bold, daring, reckless and eccentric to a high degree; but was nevertheless a man of great talents and intellectual as well as bodily power. But his bravery was conspicuous beyond all his other qualities for the perilous life he led.”
In 1818, Glass and a companion escaped from Lafitte’s crew on Galveston Island and waded across the shallows to the Texas coast. Wary of the cannibalistic Karankawas, they went north, managing to evade the Comanches and the Kiowas only to be captured by Pawnees in present-day Kansas.

You can read the full story over at www.cowboysindians.com, HERE! It does however tell the real story, so it may spoil the movie for some of you.

Back