• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Smart Start Mod Version 70: New starting gear for Charles! (CHEAT CODES TOO!) (dlc compatible)

Thanks, I test and it work, now looking for the perk., do you know which file in the PROGRAM contain the list of perk? I plan to add perk to the initial character too. So far I have succeeded in giving SPECIAL stat 10, all skills at 100, manage to add some known perk. I'm currently looking for Items and Perks list. After that i'll try to play for a while to see if I can level up. Because it seem the exp and rank are linked to the exp from person and ship exp stats.

Thanks for the help, I have successfully add wanted items and perks as well as set all stats to the highest possible. The down side is the character will stuck at rank 1 since he didn't gain any exp. Guess that mean only low tier ship on the high sea.

just lower everthing to 25 you will still start decent.(there are always powerful bad guys.. tree of life will never grow nor energy you will make it harder on your self)..id say leave stealth at 50 are 60 being you cant grind it early on with out over lvling quest..but i was glad i could help=)

I know, when the game first come out I use cheatengine to mess around because the game is full with bugs and untranslated part (the most important piece of info to complete the mission is in Russian), I set my rank to 1 but freeze exp at 26 so my HP and energy keep increasing, it seem the game increase the difficult of enemy according to the stats of the player, rank only be used to determine the available unique mission. Thank for sticking with me friend. d^_^b

PS: You know where to edit max carry weight???

Last edited:
sorry never looked into that.i will.right now i am still trying to find something that has bugged me for years with other games like this officers incharge of pirate ships..they should not be other pirate models should be so i need to change that in a few games when i fing(grrr) find it..i will look tonight let you know when i find it ..but tonight i am adding code to beastmode theres was empty so far i got add money officer rng skip 35 and a few others(realy like add money when a quest rips you off=)..)

I got a quest that seem to be new, at the brothel after the shagging, I picked up a ship document, the quest log said this is a full document of a ship and the captain will be issued the news about its missing soon. so far nothing. And I got a big bug that keep crashing the game, during the mission to take cannon to the ambushing French ship, I contact a smuggler to sell some excess good I got from plundering a trade convoy of Spain. The smugglers turn on me and I kill them, now whenever I choose to go to world map, I crash. T_T

I tried to look for carry weight for character but can't find it, so I try to look for Strength in hope of finding how much Strength will be taken into consideration to carry weight, also can't find it.

And I recall when the game 1st came out, the rank will decide quality of available officer in tavern, captains (pirate and national) quality, quality of crew in battle, ship class, rank dependent quest and quality of convoy. So I think i'll opt to play with a character around rank 40, change the character name to Edward Teach, sail with a lugger and capture a frigate or higher class ship. ^_^

PS:i'll still keep trying to mod the game. If I can't find the weight modifier, i'll simply decrease the weight of all item.

decreaseing is good the less you play around with code the less likely you are to make huge mess ups in the game lowing the weight of something can also some times as well ..like in caos i reduced the bullets to 0.0 no long do enemys carry them(so word to the wise messing with code is always a test run before getting involed into the game)..what i am talking about is officers that you can get in the tavern are the ship capt on pirate ships...lower your sails fast travel to another beach are port save quite reload..

I only decrease the weight of bulltets and bouloon to 0.0001, others I decrease them t0 10% of the original weight. So far I haven't try to fight with any that got gun and musket. I'll try it later.
Most officers in tavern are genetic unless they are quest involved npc. Though genetic officer's stats and rank and perk are always superior to yours and quest involved officer (they are by defaulted)

I encounter a problem, after I installed the Hook mod, I got this problem. Can't proceed. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• sd.png
    sd.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 522
download this mod again and put it in make sure it does not overwrite anything..hooks mod goes in first..then you need to intergrate this mod..its messing with the daiolg from the quest..sorry bit tired

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game, do it from scratch is easier than trying to fix the current mess. So for a fresh start, I should install the HOOK mod 1st, then the new starting gear, right? I was trying to figure out able the rank system, but I end up level up nonstop. apparently the rank_exp doesn't change, neither decrease or increase. Thus I changed the stats like this
SetSelfSkill(ch, 1, 1, 1, 1, 100);
SetShipSkill(ch, 100, 1, 1, 100, 100, 1, 1, 1, 100);
This is the picture I use to know which number for which stat attribute
SEADOG TEHO SCRS.png

yes make sure to do hook first then the cheat make sure the cheat does not over right anything..i forgot how i set the 2 up together i have my nose in 3 games and there codeing right now

You are modding 3 games, what are the names? Currently I still trying to figure out if I can mod the code or just use the cheatengine to increase my rank. Cheatengine take a little bit of time but quite effective, I posted a guide on how to do it when the game first came out. And a little guide about the "Slave quest" in which I got stuck because I can neither escape the fort gun fast enough or successfully board the bigger ship to use as decoy because I always got surrounded and chopped up, that's when I wait for mod to help with it.

city of abandoned ships with..gof1.5(note most things that where done in gof are gone now in my game most thats left are added ships and the likes so i did not have to do it=) )...caribbean tales with..super mod...and to each hes own my own mod

p.s.you are working so hard at cheating you would have worked your self there by now=P

Compare all those in the series, 3 things that I hate stay the same.
1 - Stupid AI in combat, some how ally and bodyguards always charge ahead and take a bullet for my enemy.
2 - Wind blow direction on world map, I know it's for realistic but it's annoying to have the wind direction constantly change. It'll be fine if there isn't a time limit for quest though.
3 - The enemy officer are always better armed, have much greater health and energy. The higher your level, the bigger the gap.

But at least I can mod and cheat to have my revenge.
PS: when I learn that the game have more DLC, I stop playing and wait until all DLC are out to play in one go, don't want to replay the whole just to play the newly bought DLC since the quest are rank restricted.

Wind blow direction on world map, I know it's for realistic but it's annoying to have the wind direction constantly change.
Technically, realistic would be for the wind direction to NOT constantly change.
Because: Trade winds - Wikipedia
On average, in the Caribbean the wind is most often Beaufort 4 from the East. Unless it's Beaufort 3 or 5 or it is North-East or South-East.
Only exceptions are when there's the occasional depression/tropical storm/hurricane.

my mistake, I meant on tactical map during ship battle, some sudden gale is ok, but wind direction keep changing 2 or 3 times in a day long battle. I fought 5 pirate's ships (1 corvette, 2 luggers, 1 sloop and 1 brigantine) at first the wind is from east to west, then suddenly blow to the south. I manage to drop mine and blow up the corvette, board 2 luggers and the sloop, But the sudden change in wind direction help the brigantine catch up to me (75% hull and 38% sail) and overwhelm me with 178 crews vs 27 of mine. But at least it was a good and intense battle.

I'm looking for the item trader and usurer (banker) starting money, do you know where to find it? So far haven't been able to progress on the carry weight and rank value. T_T

I modded the Benua.c to get the Abbot (the guy we use to buy cheat) to give me better officer, more slave *the slave only add 1 to cargo hold for 1 gold coin). But the same thing happen just like with the Governor before, any idea?
For item I only change the amount.
For officer, I add all perk minus the 4 hidden bonus unique to main character, change skill stat, HP and energy.

Back