• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Things COAS lacks.

Ideas, ideas.. we're swimming all around ideas..

What about the ideas that were already mentioned? Anyone interested in taking up one of those? :shrug

1.) Another idea here is the ability to fire musket volleys even before boarding. (hence the possibility to fire several volleys).

I don't know if it would to redundant with the fact that you can simply fire grapeshots, but I guess musket volleys are more precise and faster to reload than cannons, especially that at short distance cannons can only target the hull rather than the deck (=crew).

This would assume that sailors on the boat would have the "musket fire animation" trigerred when a musket volley is about to take place.

I already played a pirate game where this ability was automatically used at short distance, but I forgot the name.

2.) I do not know if galleys were used in the Carribean, but I have read that a very few hybrid models of Ships were outfitted with sails AND galley partially where used. These were only custom designs, not standard. This maybe provide an interesting alternative when sailing against the wind.

1.) Another idea here is the ability to fire musket volleys even before boarding. (hence the possibility to fire several volleys).

I don't know if it would to redundant with the fact that you can simply fire grapeshots, but I guess musket volleys are more precise and faster to reload than cannons, especially that at short distance cannons can only target the hull rather than the deck (=crew).

This would assume that sailors on the boat would have the "musket fire animation" trigerred when a musket volley is about to take place.

I already played a pirate game where this ability was automatically used at short distance, but I forgot the name.

there is a perk you can learn which let your crew shoot muskets befor boarding.

Back