• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tides of Revolution: The Hermione Game

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Back at the beginning of 2013 when the Friends of Hermione-Lafayette in America announced the New York Gala that took place in October on their blog, they mentioned that there would be a game developed based on the original Hermione and Lafayette. Since then I had been able to find absolutely nothing about this game, or if it was even still being made. I was digging around on their newly redesigned we site, which I find atrocious to navigate by the way, when I ran across a very brief overview of what this game will be.

According to the post, the game will be called “Tides of Revolution”. The game will be a web only game that will feature live action role play combined with a badge or insignia-based accomplishment system and a digital object library. The game is primarily aimed at educating students, which is certainly a good thing! I was however hoping for a game designed to educate the population in general, which I guess this still can. So far I have seen noting on when the game will go live. From their web page :
Tides of Revolution: The Hermione Game is a web-based exploration of the background of the events leading to the climax of the American Revolution: the surrender of the British army under Cornwallis at Yorktown. The game is designed to help players develop a contextual understanding of these historic events, including the European and American political climate in late the 18th century. Players will also acquire knowledge of 18th-century sciences, technologies, engineering, humanities, arts, and mathematics.
The central action of the game will follow the Marquis de Lafayette, a Major General in the Continental Army and confidant of George Washington, as he secures support for the American cause from King Louis XVI of France. The game will witnesses the building of the Hermione to transports him back from France to Boston, in 1780, bearing important news.

I am not sure how long the post has been there, the web site was redesigned late last year though, so it could have been there for several months and I just never noticed it. I have still not received a response from them about acquiring ship plans for L'Hermione so we can add her to Hearts of Oak, and I really do not expect to. Apparently they have not taken my request seriously, and have no clue just how tough it is to get an accurate ship model in to a game. If we add her, we will have to do it ourselves, though those are certainly two things we are used to around here. Anyway, you can read the full post in their Education section HERE!

Attachments

• L'Hermione_voyage_2015.png
    L'Hermione_voyage_2015.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 22
Back