• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Tie smuggling coastguard response to player ship size instead of level

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
@Levis I made a note to mention this idea to you, after I was looking at how your great smuggling system was coded. :)

Currently, it looks like coastguard response increases as the player either has more companion ships, or a higher player level. The first makes sense--a larger fleet would draw attention.

The second I would suggest replacing with instead a check on how big the player's ship is, thus making the ideal smuggling ships be smaller vessels less likely to draw attention, which seems more in line with the first check on fleet size. Also explains why some smugglers might prefer smaller ships, which seems thematic.

Specifically, here is what I wrote down as a possible example, replacing player level with player ship size, and having the coastguard response increase at tier 6 and tier 5 ships.

Code:
    if(GetCompanionQuantity(Pchar) > 1 || GetCharacterShipClass(PChar) < 7) //Levis: Upped the rank a bit. TY Maybe larger ships attract more attention, so smugglers favor smaller ones?
    {
        GenerateQuestShip("Coastal_Captain02", minclass, maxclass, GetSmugglingNation()); // PB: Use Generic Function
        Group_addCharacter("Coastal_Guards", "Coastal_Captain02");
    }

if(GetCompanionQuantity(Pchar) > 2 || GetCharacterShipClass(PChar) < 6) //Levis: Upped the rank a bit. TY Maybe larger ships attract more attention, so smugglers favor smaller ones?
    {
        GenerateQuestShip("Coastal_Captain03", minclass, maxclass, GetSmugglingNation()); // PB: Use Generic Function
        Group_addCharacter("Coastal_Guards", "Coastal_Captain03");
    }

Didn't @Levis recently recode this to be related to the local Island Smuggling State?

It used to be related to player level or ship size depending on the "ships depend on player" toggle.
But that isn't the case anymore.

Didn't @Levis recently recode this to be related to the local Island Smuggling State?

It used to be related to player level or ship size depending on the "ships depend on player" toggle.
But that isn't the case anymore.
I did

Really? Unless it was in the past couple of days, the code I altered and included above is still sitting in the smuggling file, not commented out or anything (just with player level being used instead of player ship tier).

This is from my notes from the last september release of levis's fixes, just getting everything reported from thst list before dissapearing, so if it changed in the last few days maybe?

Or should that block be commented out then?

@Levis: Can you upload the most recent version of the file here?
I think you did indeed change it very, VERY recently, no?

In one of the last september updates Levis changed the player level requirements slightly in that block of code, I think between 15 and 20 was the change...would be odd if he were tweaking completely nonoperational code?

I just removed the level requirement and put instead a ship tier, otherwise looks the same as the above suggested change for the current version.

It looks like the latest version. How are min and max level calculated before your change?

Else check my levis fixes topic. Should be in thete

I replaced a check for if the player level is over 10 with
GetCharacterShipClass(PChar) < 7)

And another for a higher player level with
GetCharacterShipClass(PChar) < 6)

The block of code in the current version is almost identical to the one I posted in the first post of this thread. It just checks player level currently, instead of my version above which checks player ship tier.

The code I posted above can just be cut and pasted into the current version if you like the change.

Back