• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Time travel

Bartolomeu's sword says it's a gift from the Portuguese governor for arresting Nathaniel Hawk.

There are at least two problems with that. One is that, when Bartolomeu has the opportunity to arrest Nathaniel Hawk when they're together during the quests to rescue his crew and his ship, he never does it. The other is that, playing as Nathaniel Hawk, I'm friendly with the Portuguese governor.

Which means Bartolomeu has paid the price for resisting arrest, I've got the sword, and next time I see the Portuguese governor I'm getting a promotion. :D (Admittedly it's not for that, specifically - I'm due a promotion anyway for attacking French and pirate ships.)

Bartolomeu's sword says it's a gift from the Portuguese governor for arresting Nathaniel Hawk.

There are at least two problems with that. One is that, when Bartolomeu has the opportunity to arrest Nathaniel Hawk when they're together during the quests to rescue his crew and his ship, he never does it. The other is that, playing as Nathaniel Hawk, I'm friendly with the Portuguese governor.

Which means Bartolomeu has paid the price for resisting arrest, I've got the sword, and next time I see the Portuguese governor I'm getting a promotion. :D (Admittedly it's not for that, specifically - I'm due a promotion anyway for attacking French and pirate ships.)

Perhaps the description should be changed :p

everything should be changed Nathaniel Hawk was not around in the 1660s but if you play stock its in the year 1630 but still Nathaniel Hawk would be dead my that time. Bartolomeu was not around 1750 either he would be dead aswell it should changed.

Feel free to make the adjustments and post them. Would be an easy modification to make. :doff

Find the file, open it with Notepad, edit as you wish. Dialogs are in PROGRAM\DIALOGS\English or PROGRAM\Storylines\[Storyline\DIALOGS\English .
Questbook entries and item descriptions would be in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\English. Look through the files and see what you can find.

You need to do a bit of figuring out for yourself. All we can do is to point you in the right direction.
One trick is to add your PotC game folder to the "Windows Search Index", so that you can search in the files' contents themselves.

Just my thoughts here but i am rely enjoying the Bartolomeu Storyline and allthough the hawk thing twiged me as odd initially i happily suspend disbelief and kept on sailing

allso epic thanks to whoever worked so hard the bartolomeu campaign :thumbs1

Last edited:
I have noticed that time conflicting issue in both storyline, as I played Bartolomu & Nathaniel(stock potc). But there is some unfinished storyline(DevlinOpera, JackAubrey, JeanLafitte, end of Jack Sparrow etc). I have a request to you guys please finish them.

We can always do a Dread Pirate Roberts with him too. "Actually, I'm the fifth Bartolomeu o' Portugues. It's the name that's important for inspiring fear."

In "Tales of a Sea Hawk", one of the side quests is to help Bartolomeu o Portugues. By way of gratitude, according to Andrew Parsons during the "Assassin" storyline, Bartolomeu arrested Nathaniel Hawk.
In the last update, I changed the character in the Bartolomeu side quest. For "Tales of a Sea Hawk", it's now De Graaf.

yep it make scene if the story makes seance then its all good maybe you should change the model for De Graaf.

yep it make scene if the story makes seance then its all good maybe you should change the model for De Graaf.
What are you going on about? Your spelling is very confusing. De Graaf already has a different model. So does Peter Blood.

In the last update, I changed the character in the Bartolomeu side quest. For "Tales of a Sea Hawk", it's now De Graaf.
The character in the tavern has changed. However, at least in the "Nelson's First Command" version, the quest itself still refers to Bartolomeu. So the quest book still tells me that I'm going to rescue the crew of Bartolomeu o Portugues.

Back