• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Tips & Tricks for Playing the Game

ok I included all the tips that were mentioned here and added a few new of myself, too ;)
I hope you like it ;)

Attachments

• about_build.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 311
Looks pretty good! Some additional notes:
Don't forget that you can take crewmembers with you at land explores. Especially at the beginning of a game it's helpfull, because you won't have officers.
This also has a side-effect of drawing more attention. You'll run into all sorts of random characters and patrols during the game that you wouldn't find otherwise.
- Be sure to look in the inventory after a fight. Maybe one of the enemies dropped a weapon better than yours!
Or do what I do: Press the Fast Equip key [F] during a fight to immediately start using a better weapon.
Works best with Auto Loot ON, but that is the default setting now anyway.
- Don't forget that your crew needs food and rum to survive. You can change the foodrations if it gets critical. Also you need cannonballs and powder in order to load your cannons.
And don't forget you can switch to DOUBLE rations for improved morale and the occasional drunken brawl. :cheeky
- Your crew can use the weapons, guns and armor in your weaponslocker when boarding.
I'm adding potions to this. (And cursed coins! :whipa )
- You need a compass and a sextant in order to see your ship on the archipelago map (default key M).
Only on Realistic Game Mode or Iron Man Mode.
- In order to execute a firedrill, you need the perk "Basic Ship Defence". The default key for this is C.
You get told this during game-play too.

I'll leave further adjustments to you though; don't wan to mess up your hard work. :wp

updated! I noted the cursed coins in secrets, and I kept the firedrill-tip, because if you change the in-game tips to 0 you will know it first when its too late ;)

Cheers! Indeed nothing wrong with having the same information in multiple spots. Higher chance people will take notice! :onya

hm don't know why, but it seems my last post hadn't the file with it...

Attachments

• about_build.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 286
another update, I included notes for the InternalSettings file (I warned that you should edit this carefully) and also for the sidestep, because we decided to take the setting at the end of this file.

Attachments

• about_build.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 286
sorry for updating again, but I found a typo and I added the directory for InternalSettings.h

EDIT:Just a file for a forum-member

Attachments

• about_build.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 251
  • options.tga.zip
    235.1 KB · Views: 250
One more people might not be aware of: Skill-enhancing items work also if they are in your ship's chest.
So that means you DON'T have to carry them around and they won't clutter up your inventory.

Did you know that right-clicking on stuff sometimes gives you nice additional information? Try right-clicking on your skills in the F2>Character Menu.

Also, did you know that the Archipelago Map can show a pop-up screen about the various islands in the same way?
ArchipelagoMap.jpg

I've just been fixing it so the island/town names and nation picture show up properly and to make it match properly with the new Worldmap.
Nice, no? :cheeky

Back