• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm To much fog in game

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
The game has become too foggy for me and is affecting my ability to direct sail. I know land is close by but can not see it. Indeed I don't even know which direction to sail in and am sometimes reduced to just going in and out of the world map while moving just a short distance until I get close enough to see land.

Or just "sail to" in frustration.

Where are the files relating to fog located?

I doubt anything with fog was changed recently.
Did you visit Isla da Muerta by any chance?

Relevant files are in the Weather subfolder.

As far as I can tell, the only thing related to weather which has changed in any of the post 31st August updates is "PROGRAM\Weather\Init\WhrFogRainCheck.c", and the only thing which changed there is the on-screen message when it's starting to get stormy. @DeathDaisy modified it so that if you're playing a female character, the message is "Ma'am, she's coming onto blow!" instead of the normal "Sir, she's coming onto blow!". It shouldn't affect the chances of actually getting a storm and it really shouldn't do anything to fog at all.

Attached is the version which is in the 31st August installer. That version of the file dates back to June, so if you've only just started having problems with fog, that should put it back the way it was. There is a bit at the top of the file which seems to want to set more fog in the mornings, but that apparently dates back to 2009.

Attachments

• WhrFogRainCheck.c
    6.2 KB · Views: 167
Back