• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Too many patrols everywhere

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I got that treasure quest! Except the chest was empty.......... I lost all the crew I brought along too.
POTC4 2015-11-08 17-49-57-42.jpg

And that brings up another problem. There are mobs of soldiers and pirates roaming everywhere now. Almost every map has them. As long as they stay peaceful they only clutter the place up and ruin the atmosphere, but all too often they get into fights and if we get caught up in them it is GAME OVER. Which bozo thought of this "feature"? :rumgone
POTC4 2015-11-09 09-20-41-33.jpg

And that brings up another problem. There are mobs of soldiers and pirates roaming everywhere now. Almost every map has them. As long as they stay peaceful they only clutter the place up and ruin the atmosphere, but all too often they get into fights and if we get caught up in them it is GAME OVER. Which bozo thought of this "feature"? :rumgone

If you take Crew Ashore - - then soldier / vigalantie ( sorry can't spell that ) Concerned Citizens patrols are generated - it is part of the Vice City mod I think and has always been in Build 14 - probably added in Build 12/ 13.

If you send the crew back to the ship then the patrols should stop - I think there might be a problem with this happening - but can't find the thread it is mentioned in.

From Build 13 documents folder:

Crewmembers on shore - Read Me

Code:
For Post build 12 last update..

Here is the list of the stuff who have been created or improved in the pack :

- if a crewmember is killed on land, he's not reincarned on the next location.
- In jungles or shores, you can wait for night or day by talking with a crewmember.
- in towns and taverns there are sailors you can directly hire for you ship by talking with them. You can hire them and they can follow you directly if you want. Like that you can increase the number of crew men who follow you on land without returning in crew quarters. But sailors can refuse to work for you if you are in an ennemy town and can attack you.
- There are soldiers patrol in towns led by an officer who can reconise and attack you if you are a pirate or an ennemy of their nation and if your leadership is high.
- You can also meet some compact pirates groups in towns and talk with them could be dangerous !
- In taverns, you can meet some captains. They can propose you to sell smuggling goods to their colony with a cheap price. In exchange of that, you can increase your relation with their crown. But they can also recognized you as an enemy and wait for you on sea..
Reactions of other groups is based on the good KK relation mod like in sea mod...
With all theses new peoples, citizens are more important in towns and taverns !
You can also said to one crewmember only to return to ship. Like that you can decrease the number of crewmembers who are following you without disabling the mod.
If you disabled the crewmember on shore mod (by talking with a crewmember and said all the men must return to ship), all the stuffs who are described above are disabled too and the game is stock game.
- I have also wrote a method to generate items traders in free merchant locators. Like that, there are item traders on new islands town but the method doesn't work in every new towns because of the name of the locators....
- Now, you have smugglers in all islands but they walk in towns or in taverns.

This update is made for last pieter modpack and update !

I hope you will enjoy it !

:drunk

What @Talisman said. I think I mentioned before that they're linked to the Crewmembers on Shore feature; I think that was @Screwface's work, many, MANY years ago.

To disable those encounters, talk to one of your shore crewmembers and tell them ALL to go home:
"Return to the ship men, I won't need you here!"
That should put an end to it again.

To disable those encounters, talk to one of your shore crewmembers and tell them ALL to go home:
"Return to the ship men, I won't need you here!"
That should put an end to it again.

If all the crew were killed on shore - would you need to get more crew ashore & then tell them to "return to the ship" to remove the patrols.

Since if the first lot of crew are dead you can't talk to them :rofl.

Or does all the crew members ashore being killed stop the patrols ( from what @Hylie Pistof says - I think not).

:read

You indeed need to first get more ashore before you can tell them to get lost again. :facepalm

Also, if you guys think that needs changing, that probably can be arranged.
We could make that into another Feature Request to be done when the opportunity arises. :doff

I just found another problem with the shore crew thing. Earlier while I was at Kralenijk They had a huge fight where almost everyone was killed. These huge fights happened at Havana, San Juan, Cayman, Speightstown, Sao Jorge, and Kralendijk. At Kralendijk the women waiting for their children were killed too, and now after completing that quest they will not talk to me so I can not complete that quest. The Governor talks fine.
POTC4 2015-11-09 16-51-17-95.jpg POTC4 2015-11-09 16-52-34-97.jpg POTC4 2015-11-10 07-38-10-84.jpg

Belay that. When I talked to the priest on Jamaica the quest ended fine and all is well. Except that the fort at Port Royal keeps sinking me no matter what flag I fly. :pirateraft

I just found another problem with the shore crew thing. Earlier while I was at Kralenijk They had a huge fight where almost everyone was killed. These huge fights happened at Havana, San Juan, Cayman, Speightstown, Sao Jorge, and Kralendijk.
I think that is a separate issue. This one to be exact: Confirmed Bug - Unintentional Fights or Lack Thereof (aka. AI Group Relations) | PiratesAhoy!

Except that the fort at Port Royal keeps sinking me no matter what flag I fly. :pirateraft
Talk to an English governor. Possibly that fort saw you flying a hostile flag at some point in the past and remembers that.
If so, the English governors will have an extra dialog option that allows you to reset that.

Back