• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Tortuga Brothel - Where is it?

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Beta 3-4

Playing with Brothel mod on :yes

I have just finished Capt Chevalle -Rescue his crew.

Arrived in Tortuga and chevalle leaves me and goes into town Ok -:onya

I get a log message on screen at this point :- ERROR - Quest name Jackpot_start_search NOT found in ANY function

I go and talk to tavern keeper and he tells me Chevalle has gone to Brothel :onya

I can't find the Brothel :( - so where is it ( polite answers only please - Yes I am over 18 :D ) - I have looked everywhere

Since I have the Brothel mod on - I should be meeting Chevalle /Villanueva in a room in the Brothel.

PS - I have a strange feeling that there is no Brothel in the new Tortuga :(

I am now going to try some other choices - checking out the Townhall ( with Brothel mod on ) then switching off the Brothel mod and seeing if they are in the townhall then.

BUT - i really do miss the Brothel:fiddle

Attached log files for the error Message.

:doff

Attachments

• compile_Chev_Tort_Broth.log
    75.2 KB · Views: 192
  • system_Chev_Tort_Broth.log
    330.3 KB · Views: 206
  • error_Chev_Tort_Broth.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
:aar

I have tried with Brothel mod switched off. Before arriving in Tortuga

Chevalle now goes to the Town Hall . :onya

But when I go there - on entering the room I cannot move - and Villanueva is not there.

I think Villanueva is placed in the Town hall or the Brothel as appropriate when Davy Jones gives you the Black Pearl and you can start doing the Pirate Lord Quests.
( this was a long time ago in my game ) So I might have to go back to there and switch the Brothel mod off to see if this works and he is in the Town hall.

Also playing with the Brothel mod off still gave me the error message : ERROR - Quest name Jackpot_start_search NOT found in ANY function when I arrived in Tortuga.

I don't know if this is related to the brothel mod or is some other problem. The code is in blaze_dialog.c

Code:
//Jackpot
   case "Where Chevalle":
     Dialog.Text = DLG_TEXT[285];
     Link.l1 = " ";
     Link.l1.go = "exit";
     AddDialogExitQuest("Jackpot_start_search");
     AddQuestRecord("Chevalle", 11);
   break;

which causes player to say to themselves : --- "Capitaine Chevalle left my ship before I did and headed into #sTortuga#. Where could that crazy Frenchman have gone? I should check at the tavern.",

so you talk to the tavern keeper and he sends you to the Town hall - where Chevalle is but no Villanueva.

Log files attached.

:cheers

Attachments

• error_Chev_Tort_THall.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 210
  • system_Chev_Tort_THall.log
    144.5 KB · Views: 219
  • compile_Chev_Tort_THall.log
    34.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
The brothel is in the lower part of the Town in a stonehouse with 2 red lanterns.
That house can also as alternative be just a "stonehouse". Isn't there a function
for this when brothels are disabled?

Anyway both inside cases are there.

Last edited:
This quest should indeed work whether brothels are enabled or not.
It'll work a little bit differently in that case.

The brothel is in the lower part of the Town in a stonehouse with 2 red lanterns.
That house can also as alternative be just a "stonehouse". Isn't there a function
for this when brothels are disabled?

Anyway both inside cases are there.

Is this the house you mean? - I only get the ordinary inside ( not the brothel interior ) when I go there & the upstairs room does not exist.

B14_B3_4 Tortuga House Red Lanterns.jpg B14_B3_4 Tortuga Red Lant Inside.jpg

EDIT: I have also checked it in the standard story ( with brothel mod on ) and it is just an ordinary house inside, with a citizen.:shrug

:read

Last edited:
That is with brothel mode enabled at the time when you Start New Game?

Yes that's the house. I have retextured the brothel location so I know it exists.
Why it's not activared if brothel mod is on I don't know.
I see in Hispaionla.c there's only entrance to the stonehose from Tortuga Town.

I'm not sure at all how this if( brothelmod is supposed to work. o_O

Back