• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Tortuga Tailor

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
Forgot to say that the Tailor's in a blue house in the lower part of Tortuga.

Forgot to say that the Tailor's in a blue house in the lower part of Tortuga.
Is there Fast Travel available for the tailor? And/Or is it mentioned in the citizens' dialogs?
I'm thinking of the players who wouldn't know it is there....

Dont forget to add the tailor to the shop init also. And make him have the tailor group dialog. If that is set he will be used for fetch quests also.

Shop init where is that? I'm adding a tailor right now as I missed him too.
PROGRAM\Store\store_init.c or something like that.

Dont forget to add the tailor to the shop init also. And make him have the tailor group dialog. If that is set he will be used for fetch quests also.
These tailor characters are defined in PROGRAM\Characters\CommonQuest.c and always exist.
But they're only teleported into their respective locations in PROGRAM\Periods.c when they're needed because they represent nations that do not have a town of their own.
What happens when a Fetch Quest is triggered for a character that isn't there?

Also, in this case there will be TWO tailor characters in Tortuga, one Dutch and one English one.
That'll probably mess up Fetch Quest stuff too, no? :facepalm

I added the tailor in Hispaniola.c Should be PROGRAM\Characters\CommonQuest.c?

Also, in this case there will be TWO tailor characters in Tortuga, one Dutch and one English one.
What ?2? I made him french. o_O

I added the tailor in Hispaniola.c Should be PROGRAM\Characters\CommonQuest.c?
You don't need to ADD any; they're already there and have been for quite some time.
The reason for this is because in Early Explorers, England and Holland do not have any towns of their own.
So any player playing for England or Holland cannot get their outfits because there is no tailor to sell them.

That is why quite a while back, I added a specific Dutch and English tailor (defined in CommonQuest.c) that would be put somewhere in a town in Early Explorers (through Periods.c).
They used to both be in Antigua, but that island should have been disabled in Early Explorers too (which has now been done).
So instead we figured that Tortuga would be the most appropriate place, because of it being a pirate stronghold.
But in Tortuga I couldn't place them outside like on Antigua because of the "too many characters" issue.
So I tried finding some spots for them inside, but there weren't very many options that I could find.

Does that make any sense?

PROGRAM\Store\store_init.c or something like that.

These tailor characters are defined in PROGRAM\Characters\CommonQuest.c and always exist.
But they're only teleported into their respective locations in PROGRAM\Periods.c when they're needed because they represent nations that do not have a town of their own.
What happens when a Fetch Quest is triggered for a character that isn't there?

That'll probably mess up Fetch Quest stuff too, no? :facepalm

In that case the addition to the store init array should be done in the periods.c file instead. It shouldn't mess up other stuff. If the tailor needs help you can ask both I think.

Ok, I add no tailor.
Now which one should be teleported to the new TailorsShop in Periods.c

I also have a problem getting fastreload to work.
Is there any additional file I have to init the Tailor in too?

Ok, I add no tailor.
Now which one should be teleported to the new TailorsShop in Periods.c
If possible, they should both be there. But not both have to be behind the counter or somehting.
As long as they're somewhere.

I also have a problem getting fastreload to work.
Is there any additional file I have to init the Tailor in too?
Have a look at PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE .
There is a file there related to fast travel; it has "tables" in the filename, if I recall.

Okay here we go again: I have uploaded on the ftp Tortuga Tailor part 2.

Both tailors are in the shop.
Fats reload works.
Tortuga citizen_dialog fixed.
New loading image to the retextured Tailor's.
Store_init fixed.

Hope I've got everything this time.

Okay here we go again: I have uploaded on the ftp Tortuga Tailor part 2.

Both tailors are in the shop.
Fats reload works.
Tortuga citizen_dialog fixed.
New loading image to the retextured Tailor's.
Store_init fixed.

Hope I've got everything this time.
:bow

Having now seen the amount of trouble @Jack Rackham went to again adding the tailor to Tortuga, I now think there should be a permanent French one there too.
Then the tailor shop can be always available and that would also allow fetch quests without problem.

Do you add the french tailor Pieter? If I had known this I had chosen a larger shop. :yes

You want the shop to be available in all periods? :shock

It's not the pistolpdart CCC added. (poisened).
Because of its use in various spots of especially the Silver Train sidequest, I think it is now generally available.
At least when I checked in initItems.c, I couldn't see an if-statement surrounding it, so it should always be there.

Do you add the french tailor Pieter? If I had known this I had chosen a larger shop. :yes
French one behind the counter and the "Early Explorers bonus ones" just standing somewhere in there too.
Would that not make sense?

You want the shop to be available in all periods? :shock
Why not? You went through all the trouble of adding a nice one, so it might as well see good use.
Also, players who played in different periods before would then remember that Tortuga does have a tailor, so they'll know to find it in Early Explorers too.
And having a permanent tailor would allow fetch quests without issues, which would also point players there.

If you "prepare" the french tailor I can place him behind the counter and the 2 other guys somewher else.
I'll also make the changes so the Tailor's shop is always available. Ok?

You can do whatever you want to do on it; I'll finish the rest when I've got the time.

Back