• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Town locations instantly open for fast travel in first town

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
If starting a new game and skipping the tutorial, all store and town locations are immediatelly available for fast travel in that starting town (ie, you don't have to discover them).

I think this happened in a recent update, as I seem to remember always having to ask townspeople for directions even in the first town before (having started many test characters in the past)

Was anything changed for fast travel recently?

As a reference, I initially asked for advice (and @Pieter Boelen was kind enough to help), as I thought I had a broader problem, but I just ran some tests revealing it is unique to the starting town and I now think it is instead a bug. Here is the past thread for reference: www.piratesahoy.net/threads/undiscovered-fast-travel-locations-suddenly-visitable.27930/

I assume it is specifically "skipping the tutorial" that does it then.
There is done code in place to open up locked places when the tutorial is skipped or completed.

Interesting, I could have sworn it was different before, but maybe I was picking agent start or something for faster testing. If it was always that way, then obviously not a bug, I apologize for the incorrect report. :)

Agent start technically skips the tutorial too.

To be sure, try the Assassin storyline which very simply has no tutorial whatsoever.

Thanks @Pieter Boelen test shows assasin storyline start you can't fast travel instantly.

I really am confused though--I have been playtesting officer creation with various catagory changes, and because I was worried about save compatibility, I would always start a new game, and I could have sworn I needed to talk to someone first. But memory can be funny, it could easily be a false memory, and I am confusing it with when I visited new towns.

Looks like not a bug then. :)

Quick look through the code:
The way the "discovering" works is that there is a "goto_disable" attribute for locations.
This is NOT in any way affected by the tutorial code, so I'd expect skipping the tutorial or not to have no effect on it.

So still a bit weird then.

Freeplay and standard storyline are affected for me, both have instant fast travel in the starting town. No clue either why...:)

Quick test: Agent start on Free Play with Realistic Game Mode.
Get into starting town, no Fast Travel available yet.
So that, at least, works correctly.

If you can replicate the issue with specific steps, please post those steps here.
Otherwise it seems like "Cannot Confirm" to me.

Freeplay with agent, I am same as you above, not available at beginning.

Freeplay with normal skip tutorial kind of start (sailor), I have all town locations already available for fast travel.

And I think I remember this not being the case on past versions, so it might be new. But I can't imagine anything would have caused that, so I think I might remember wrong.

Back