• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Town Nationalities and Smuggling etc...

Black Dog

Landlubber
I know some of these questions may have been asked before but i thought it might be useful if we could pool our knowledge on smuggling, as this is my favourite past time (on land of course).

I currently have a reputation of Bloke and I am always getting caught by soldiers no matter where i am or what time it is. I've tried doing it at night, I will try in future to raise my rep, but is there anything else that might help?

And another thing, is there any way of telling an Island's nationality before landing - i try to remember but sometimes i get a bit excited and forget! And out of curiousity, apparently you can buy amnesty from a hostile nation, but how do you get in to do it? Do you have to land on a beach and walk across the island?

Oh, (Columbo voice) just one more thing...

Can somebody please explain to me the difference between Privateering and getting a Letter of Marque, are there any benefits or disadvantages?

I thank you.

letter of Marque you get land = money from the governor and you get promotions and the option of gettin married.Privateering ya just do whatever pleases you.

smuggling gettin caught,luck me thinks has sumthin tew do with it,it is random,i get caught less at night fer some reason.

Island nationality, ye get used tew it after a while,landing hostile nations,land at beaches an walk tew town. :(

On smuggling - just make sure you boost your luck up as much as you can - there are some items that you can buy or find or loot which will up your luck - get these if you can as they will help if you are in the beginning of the game and your stats aren't very high yet.

Also - save your game before you leave the dock to go smuggle - you can always reload if you get caught and get your nation relations screwed up...

IF you go through with killing off the guards and the country is mad at you, instead of buying amnesty you can also go to Quebradas Costillas (the pirate island) and talk to the diplomat in the tavern. For a fee, he will smooth things out with hostile nations for you. xD: :?

Smuggling- do it in a hostile nation. no risk, you'll still be hostile if ye get caught! That, or 10 luck, never get caught.
-Capo

Back