• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

trade quest problem

FPlatoon

Landlubber
I have a few problems related with trade quests:
- Sometimes the store owner offer me a quest to deliver some merchandise to (or fetch from) an enemy colony. As I am unable to enter the store there I can't finish the quest.
- Once I had to fetch sugar from Curacao to Martinique, but when I delivered it there the Curacao store owner became glitched (with a yellow question mark in his head) and I could not trade with him for a while. Strange enough, after some months he came back to normal.
- I was at Nevis and accepted a delivery quest to Tortuga. As I made a stop at San Juan I saw that its store owner was also offering a delivery quest to Tortuga. I thougth I was lucky to have two quests with the same destination, but once I arrived there the store owner only accepted one of the quests and I could not finish the other.

Anyone knows how to solve this?
I will still have a look at the source code and try to find whats happening.

well the 1st one i wouldnt call a bug or something to be fixed, modded maybe, but not fixed.
i got the same thing when Barbados was taken by the french when i was on a mission.

face it, the same problem existed in the real world in the 17th century, store owners needed their cargo, but they couldnt very well help it if their courier was on bad terms if the cargo had to come from another nation

<!--quoteo(post=163045:date=Sep 22 2006, 09:15 PM:name=Merciless Mark)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merciless Mark @ Sep 22 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]163045[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
well the 1st one i wouldnt call a bug or something to be fixed, modded maybe, but not fixed.
i got the same thing when Barbados was taken by the french when i was on a mission.

face it, the same problem existed in the real world in the 17th century, store owners needed their cargo, but they couldnt very well help it if their courier was on bad terms if the cargo had to come from another nation
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I acknowledge it, but in the game you have the option of sneaking into an enemy town. So its odd that you find a locked door when the store owner inside is waiting for your cargo.

<!--quoteo(post=163119:date=Sep 23 2006, 02:55 PM:name=FPlatoon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FPlatoon @ Sep 23 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]163119[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=163045:date=Sep 22 2006, 09:15 PM:name=Merciless Mark)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merciless Mark @ Sep 22 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]163045[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I acknowledge it, but in the game you have the option of sneaking into an enemy town. So its odd that you find a locked door when the store owner inside is waiting for your cargo.

not really, cargo is a major thing, you would have to sail into port to be able to unload fire, but since the fort would open fire at you the moment you approached you wouldnt be able to get into port.

Back