• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Translation of the Russian sound datas

Do you have access to those Russian sound files?

• "Da", I can find them in RESOURCE/Sounds/trep

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • "Niet", not in my version.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Javrimir

Powder Monkey
Well, I hope the programmer guys will have any usage for it. For example for kind of a Russian pirates camp etc.
As you maybe allready know, the programmers of the vanilla game are Russians, so these guys added some Russian speaking sound datas into the game files. You can find them in RESOURCE/Sounds/trep.

I tried to translate some of them, but you should know, that you cant translate some phrases/words correctly or precise. And you should know that my English is not that good, but still Im sure you will get the sense of the sentences... and did I mentioned that my Russian is not perfect as well?

barman= "With you is not joking , as I heard. Do you want rum?"

barman_do= He's summing some song, maybe it's a famous Russian song about pirates. I'll investigate it.

barman_wtrs= If you translate it word by word he says: "and why do not you busy/activity?" I would translate it like that: "Why do not you occupy yourself?/why you don't occupy yourself?"

guardian= "We are here at the station/assignment."

monkey= typical sounds of an ape. Not sure if their are differences between Russian and other primate sounds. Farmers found out, that cows making "moo's" in different dialects.

patrol= "Keep walking. Do not stop."

pirates= drunking pirates in the tavern. With a lil bit fantasy you can hear here some German sentences: "Der Platz ist frei, siehst Du's?" -> "These place/seat is free/available, you see it?"

priest= "( I ) bless you, my son."

priest_bead= Well, that's I guess how a Russian imagines a catholic priest.

waitress= "What can I do for you?/How can I serve you?"

waitress_brm= You know what's a diminutive? It's a modified word, to make it smaller or "sweeter". Like "Kitty" for cat. Russians especially females love to do that. So she says something like: "These "Sailorys"/Mateys are real(ly) brutes/churls/ruffians."

warrior= A friendly version of wtf. Definitely not Russian. I guess.

If there is any demand, I will go on with translating, when not, then I will still translate to troll the forums.

Last edited:
I don't think my original game even has those files at all.
Probably exclusive to the Russian version.

I don't think my original game even has those files at all.
Probably exclusive to the Russian version.
I have those Russians files to. At least I have a lot of Russian soundfiles, but I dont know what they say.

At some Taverns, dont remember where, a women's voice speak Russian very laud.
I have the music set to of, in my game, I think that's why I notice it.

Well, maybe the guys who were responsible for your version, did not saw any sense for.
I hope to find out with a survey, who actually has these files.

Well, maybe the guys who were responsible for your version, did not saw any sense for.
There were a lot of different language versions of the game. I'm not entirely sure exactly which ones.

But actually, now that you mention the "trep" folder, I DO actually have that with files in it.
Not sure what those files are though. Might indeed be those Russian files you mentioned and I just never paid attention to them.... :wp

I guess everyone should have these files. I tried to translate the first file folder "female-citizen":

001= again a diminutive: "Ah sailor/seaman, salty sailor(y)/little seaman/seamanikin."

002= "Ah, it's you."

004= "What a "miliye" young man." It's not that easy to translate "miliye", because it has several meanings, like: kind, nice or sympathic.

006= "What is excellent for you?" or, even when the first sentence fits more: "What is suitable for you?"

007= "If only my husband would drink less."

008= "We must as soon as possible leave this place."/"We must hurry to leave this place." But actaully "uyechatz" means "drive away". (?)

009= "Where are you going sailor(y)/little seaman/seamanikin?"

010= "Aaah, unmarried little man/manikin, do you really do so much/are you really that much busy?" Actually I don't know a word for an unmarried man in English. Maybe single? That would be with the diminutive: single(y).

011= "What do you need?"

012= It's the same file: waitress_brm (look at my first post)

013= "Have you not seen here a little boy ?"

014=look at my first post, It's the waitress-file

015="What? Have I lost (it)?

016="Yes, I lost. What?"

017="What a pleasant meeting!"

018="Good day."

019="Welcome."

020="What was that?"

021="Ah."

022="She is here."

023="(A) great honor for me."

024="With such as you, I have nothing to do."

025="Privet" Kind of "hello" in Russian.

Back