• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Treasure Quests

Something is not right. I visited Grenada and met not one sneaky trader but had 5 people try to sell me treasure maps.

I have to attribute that to chance. They are both coded exactly the same way now, so should show up equally frequently.

It is not chance. They are the most common type of NPC now. I have run into 3 in a row in the Port Royale town square.

I just changed that case 12 thingy from 80 to 40.

It is not chance. They are the most common type of NPC now. I have run into 3 in a row in the Port Royale town square.
Oops, I gave you the wrong file. That one had EVERY of those characters set to sell treasure maps, because I was testing them.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\DIALOGS to correct it. Sorry 'bout that. :facepalm

Attachments

• Enc_Walker.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 260
While fixing up the smuggling Coast Guard ships, I found that the code generating these ships liked to return a request for class 1 pirate ships.
I ended up being very confused on the whole function that did all this, so rewrote it all.
When playing with Beta 3 WIP 7 (see here), please keep an eye on the Nation, Ship Selection and Character Skills of:
Governor Ship Hunting
Treasure Quest Enemies
Smuggling Coast Guard
Enemies From Shore
Loanshark Avengers

These now all use the same rewritten code and I want to know if my new code performs as you might expect or if it needs some further looking at.

Oh, and just to explain a bit of how the new code works:
1. A nation for the enemy captain is decided on
2. An enemy captain is generated
3. Rank calculation has remained unchanged
4. Enemy captain is given appropriate skills
5. Instead of his ship class being player-level and difficulty-dependent, it now depends PURELY on the captain's own Sailing and Leadership skill (same as the player)
6. Ship generation now uses GiveShip2Character, which will always give them a full cargo hold
7. Random damage and such generated last

Because the nation is now selected BEFORE the ship is generated, even Treasure Quest pirates will now get a ship appropriate to their nation.
Also because the ship level depends on the enemy captain skills, you should never find that he cannot command his own ship without penalties.

Does that make any sense so far?

Just so people know, I have now put in some code and tested it to ensure that if you NEED an item for a Treasure Quest, you'll always find it.
Otherwise due to your high character level you may end up not being able to complete the quest because you don't have a Spade. :facepalm

Armada did a WONDERFUL job with that new Worldmap of his!
The fact that he added all the correct shore coordinates allowed me to rewrite the "X Marks the Spot" PROPERLY this time around.
So I just fixed them to show up on the shores as per the posts in this thread. :treasure:

Great! I'm glad to have all those unfinished coordinates working properly. Maya makes things so much easier for this. :cheeky

Great! I'm glad to have all those unfinished coordinates working properly.
As am I! Those messed up coordinates are the reason I had to write my "X Marks the Spot" in a stupid way the first time around.
I wasn't happy with that, so now I AM happy that I could do it properly! So thanks again. :doff

I just got around to doing a treasure quest and have some questions.
1) The Pirate ship did not fire. It was a Brigantine and just circled around until sunk. That is not normal behavior at all.

2) This treasure quest was a bust. No treasure at the shipwreck at Turks. (San Salvador) That is not a problem. I stopped there on my way to Eluethera and only had a pickaxe and probaly needed a spade, but when I got there the chest opened without needing any tools. Is it supposed to work this way when empty?

1. That IS strange. Were they indicating as hostile at all? What type of ship was it? Perhaps they got an ammunition problem?

2. Because you can SEE the chest already there, indeed you don't need a tool to get it.
Same for the one in the Speightstown dungeon.

1) Yes the Brigantine showed as hostile. I guess I will have to board the next one to see what is aboard.

2) :facepalm I will never remember that.

2. It's easy. Anything on shores or in jungles requires a spade. Anything in a cave requires a pickaxe.
The two in the shipwreck and the dungeon don't require anything.

Cheers,

arghs, I don't find that %&/"§%& Cayman treasure ... again. Why again? 'cause I didn#t find it last tim, either:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...al-release-available.20593/page-9#post-451995

Well, that's ist:
Quest says: Go ashore at Sand Bluff. There is a hidden entarnce to a cave somewhere in the jungle. The treasure is hidden in the cave.

But ... I don't find the cave.

Please don't link me to this guide, I already found it, and this guide tells that the treasure shall be in the cave near Cayman Kay. It is not, already checked it.

From Sand Bluff, I go into jungle.

From this jungle, there are 2 ways:
1) To the right ... to a house in the jungle. No cave there.
2) Straight ... that leads to more jungle.

From this jungle, there's 1 way ... straight ... to another house in jungle. No cave there either.

Has anyone found the Cayman treasure and can tell me where in seven hells this cave is that quest talks about?

Great thanks.

Last edited:
Back