• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Treasure Quests

Brilliant! Some comments:

If you pay them you will get an entry in your Quest Book giving you a clue to the Treasure's location and you will also be told if you need to get a Pickaxe or Spade to dig up the Treasure Chest.
The hint is only there on Apprentice and Journeyman difficulty level.

Note: You have to be Logged In to see this image
When I find the time, I can upload the images somewhere else so users wouldn't need to be logged in.

Available Treasure Quests
Looks like you got them all: The code confirms there are 11 of them.
Do they all have images? I recall something in this thread got messed up at some point. :facepalm

Brilliant! Some comments:

When I find the time, I can upload the images somewhere else so users wouldn't need to be logged in.

Do they all have images? I recall something in this thread got messed up at some point. :facepalm

:yes Yes they all have images - the Barbados Jungle ones are at night so I am not sure how clear they are.

The one I think there were problems with was Cayman - Sand Bluff - the images are in the middle of the thread - you also need to be logged in to see the images in the thread & on the Wiki.

:keith

:treasure:

Which modpack version do you have? Are you looking in the right spot?
While there was a problem with the locators a few years back, treasure quests have been fine for quite a while now.

NH 3.4 and I was looking at the places showen in the guide. Speaking of Cayman, the questbook entrie refers to the wrong beach. In one place the locator was there but only for a second or less and remains unaccessable or do you reall need a pickaxe?

Last edited:
NH 3.4 and I was looking at the places showen in the guide. Speaking of Cayman, the questbook entrie refers to the wrong beach. In one place the locator was there but only for a second or less and remains unaccessable or do you reall need a pickaxe?

There are 2 treasure quests for Cayman ( Cayman Kai & Sand Bluff) ;)

see:-

http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/lost-treasure-on-cayman-cayman-kai/

&

http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/lost-treasure-on-cayman-sand-bluff/

Yes - you do now need the Pick Axe - or the Spade ( whichever the quest book says) :yes

- the only treasure quests you don't need them for are the one in Speightstown dungeon and the Turks - white reefs ( treasure in shipwreck)

:treasure:

Last edited:
I know the "locator flashes only very shortly" problem doesn't happen anymore.
Are you absolutely certain you have Beta 3.4?

I've got no clue. Never tried that. Bit I see no rain why that should have anything to do with it.

There is some potential "using gold" interface weirdness when you switch the Ammo Mod off.
Maybe that is what you're remembering?

I went back to page 13 of this thread and the no ammo use thingy seems to mess up all sorts of things.

I use the latest Part 1 & 2 available on the MOD-Page and I amplaying with all things to be consumed...

Treasure caymam cave
After effort I managed to fall into the hole that leads to the treasure cave, but when I reached the treasure chest I was disappointed to find it empty.
I ask if this is a bug or if the mission timed out or something else.
What should I do to find the treasure with diamonds, emeralds, etc...

Treasure chests are indeed often empty. It's purely a matter of luck. In theory, the more you paid for the map, the better the chance of there being treasure, but personal experience is that it doesn't make much difference, so I never pay over 100000 for it.

Incidentally, try to find that hole again. Treasure quests temporarily remove anything else that may be in a cave. That includes swords. There's a unique sword in that Cayman cave which you should be able to find now that the treasure quest has finished.

Treasure chests are indeed often empty. It's purely a matter of luck. In theory, the more you paid for the map, the better the chance of there being treasure, but personal experience is that it doesn't make much difference, so I never pay over 100000 for it.

Incidentally, try to find that hole again. Treasure quests temporarily remove anything else that may be in a cave. That includes swords. There's a unique sword in that Cayman cave which you should be able to find now that the treasure quest has finished.
If it's random, reloading the game and trying again until you get some treasure does it work?

If it's random, reloading the game and trying again until you get some treasure does it work?
No, because the treasure is assigned when the quest is created. If you reload just before digging up the chest, you will find the same treasure again, whether that's a lot of gems and jewellery or nothing at all.

No, because the treasure is assigned when the quest is created. If you reload just before digging up the chest, you will find the same treasure again, whether that's a lot of gems and jewellery or nothing at all.
And the script predicts this situation to come back and kill the informe for the wrong information??

The dialog makes you threaten to kill the person who sold you the information if it is false. But the seller is a random character who disappears when you leave the area. You will never see the seller again.

A few days ago I read here about a configuration change that displays sensitive settings in the environment marked in red. I can't find this post anymore, can anyone give me the link?

Edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". Near the bottom are these settings:
Code:
#define VISIBLE_LOCATORS                0
#define WITH_BRIGHT_COLOURS                0        // VISIBLE_LOCATORS must be on to change this
Change VISIBLE_LOCATORS to 1 to make locators visible. They'll be in fairly dull colours, though the labels will be clearly visible. Change WITH_BRIGHT_COLOURS to make the locators really bright and visible from a long distance.

Back