• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Treasure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
Treasure.png

So I have added about thirty new items to the game. Everything is working nicely. These items are showing up as loot on skeletons, dead soldiers and sailors as well as random treasure.

I have experimented with the rarity factors and the items are showing up in these places as you would expect to find them. I am very happy with the outcome with the exception of one case.

The rarity settings do not seem to affect the merchants. So I might have a fabulous cache of gold bars worth a quarter million gold, randomly show up at a merchant stand. If I was a merchant with that kind of wealth I wouldn't be running a pop-stand.

So my question is - does anyone know how I can get these new items to still appear in dungeons, chests, the dead and on ships - BUT NOT show up in the merchant stands. Of course I still want to sell them to the merchants, I just don't want them available for purchase. A "one-way" deal so to speak.

Here's a Jewelry item string. By the way this is implemented completely different in POTC/NH. I have already looked at the work that NK did over there and it doesn't look the same at all.

makeref(itm,Items[n]);
itm.id = "jewelry34";
itm.name = "itmname_jewelry34";
itm.describe = "itmdescr_jewelry34";
itm.model = "pursel";
itm.picIndex = 16;
itm.picTexture = "ITEMS_22";
// itm.shown = false;
// boal 19.01.2004 -->
itm.price = 193330;
itm.Weight = 4.3;

itm.Solder_o.rare = 0.0002;
itm.Solder_o.min = 1;
itm.Solder_o.max = 1;

itm.Monster.rare = 0.0001;
itm.Monster.min = 1;
itm.Monster.max = 1;

itm.Warrior.rare = 0.00005;
itm.Warrior.min = 1;
itm.Warrior.max = 1;

itm.Citizen_f.rare = 0.0001;
itm.Citizen_f.min = 0;
itm.Citizen_f.max = 0;
// boal 19.01.2004 <--
itm.minlevel = 4;
itm.rare = 0.0001;
n++;

You can see that Item Jewelry34 is very rare. It is the Cross of Coronado. Any ideas what the commented out line ( itm.shown = false ) does. Could that be it? Re-implement that line?

So here's some pics to illustrate what I'm talking about. This is all my own work and hasn't been taken from other mods. The first pic is of one of the tga screens of items. There are several more with other new items and weapons.

The second, third and fourth pics are of items that SHOULD NOT show up at merchant/trader stands. Notice again the Cross of Coronado from the Indiana Jones movies. That rare and valuable relic should not be showing up in the inventory of a common vendor's-stand. So far in testing, it has been found at TWO different stands in the same town and one of them had two in stock! Also notice the treasure hoards/caches should not be there either.

The last illustrations are of the mod working correctly. Stuff found in hard won fights or as dungeon items randomly and with a rarity expected.

If anyone has any ideas please help me. Thanks. MK

start_130208_1300004.JPG
start_130208_1300137.JPG
start_130208_1300423.JPG
start_130208_1010376.JPG
start_130208_1011002.JPG

View attachment 10094View attachment 10095View attachment 10096View attachment 10097View attachment 10098View attachment 10099View attachment 10100

This is from PotC:
Code:
  itm.skiptrade               = false;  // you can sell the item
  itm.skipsell                = true;   // you can't buy them
  itm.skiprand                = false;
Is there any item.skiptrade in CoAS?

Thanks for the clue Pieter! :onya I will look. I haven't seen that in the code.

Do you think I could simply add these lines to the items strings. The lines you told me to add to the ship strings worked beautifully, so I will try this and let you know what happens. THANKS! MK

Well so far it doesn't work. I will test more. Jonathan modified the code so that rare items like skulls, totems and such show up at markets/traders at the beginning of the game and then you don't see them anymore (or rarely) after a short time. I don't know exactly what he did, but it might be affecting my treasure too. I will play a test game to level 3 just to see.

MK

I suspect if those lines aren't already there, they won't work for you. Too bad, really.
Preventing items from showing up when you don't want them to can be REEEAAALLY annoying. We've waged a fair few wars on that in PotC. :shock

Thanks anyway Pieter,

It was a good try. I am going to try a few other things. I guess if I can't fix it - players will be tantalized with teasers of what they will eventually find from looking at the trader inventory.

MK

Yeah - verified.

It doesn't work in COAS. If I know how to define the command and where to add it I would try.

While annoying, the treasure doesn't show up everywhere all the time. It appears less often at traders a few levels into the game.

Any other ideas???

MK

All I can come up with is find the function where traders get their items and edit that to add an attribute check to prevent them from getting through the selection.

I solved it!

It was actually quite simple really. Those items I didn't want showing up at market, I re-entered as minerals. Whatever works - right. :D

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back