• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Treasure

Nelsonliang

Master Mariner
I got a treasure map on Martini. It's said the map is genuine so i go to Barbados as instructed, get in the cave (look like an abandoned mine), run around and get got 2 sword and a candle at three different dead ends. But i don't think one of those items is the treasure stated in the treasure map.

The instruction said the treasure of a notorious pirate is buried in a cave near Bridgetown on Barbados island, under the planks in a dead end. When i got in the cave, the treasure map disappeared and the screen show a message saying the treasure must be near.

So have anyone found the treasure on Barbados or any other islands? Please share your experience.

I finally found the treasure, and it worth a lot more than the money i had paid for it. So the swords and candle are just random object that spawned in the cave. And depend on your luck, the treasure may contain a lot of valuable stuff that your character may not be able to carry them all. So it's recommended to have a companion to help carry them. Also you may encounter a group of treasure seekers trying to rob you after you get out of the cave.

If what Ben Coats said is true, then there is a chance that we may got cheated with a fake treasure map, so remember to do these thing if you are going treasure hunt

-save in the tavern when you got in so that you may reload if the treasure map is fake.
-when you got offer to buy a map, buy it and check if it's genuine. Just equip it and it will either show the hidden place of the treasure or show that the map is fake (just like in CoAS)
-raise your luck so that the treasure is worth more than you pay for it.
-when you got to the treasure site, remember to have companion with you. Just tell them to stay put, give them all your item and explore the place to seek the treasure. If your character can't carry the treasure alone, have your companion share the burden.

Back