• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Tricks of the Trade (Missions)

no risks no gain though. being reckless sometimes pays off. most of the time, in fact. but better save before you try anything possibly stupid.

I discovered something in the lats days , if you are in a trade mission , and go to the shopkepper to finished and he say dont have nothing to say ( bugged mission) for exp you have to deliver cinnamon and you have 2 boat in the firts one the shopkepper put 350 and im the second 400 you star the travel , and you are involved in a batle or other thing when you arrived to the port and go to the trader you have the same ammount of good´s but the shopkepper say he don´t have nothing to say , you can buy the same good you have to deliver , for mi work whit 100 of the same good, and you can finish the trade mission , sorry if I dont explain well , but inglis no is mi force
maybe thits in other place in foros I don,t know

no problem senor, your English is fine to me :3

Your observations are correct; to quote the original post :

3. Check your cargo before sailing. Make a note of how much you have. The AI will always try to fill your ships to the max with whatever commodity the shopkeeper gives you for delivery. If your ship's hull or sails are not at 100%, and the shopkeeper gives you sailcloth or planks to deliver, some of those can be used up by your repair skill before you get to your destination. Likewise, if your ship/s are damaged during the journey, you might arrive with less than you were given. If so, just refill your hold with that good before following the completion dialog with the destination shopkeeper (you can do so by buying the required items directly from the destination shopkeeper). This should complete the mission successfully.

Also, if you're playing with the Directsail (manual navigation) feature of the current Build mod, forget about taking these quests. Unpredictable winds or hostile interception can delay you, or your ship is just too slow for the St. Martin to Granada to 30 days objective unless you used the arcade long range interface (which beats the point of playing a campaign in Directsail). A small fore and aft rigged ship won't carry a lot, but for these time critical missions it's not a good idea to use a big square-rigger unless you're lucky and have a strong following wind all the way.

It's worse when you're in a future WBT based version... unless you're in a certain few ship classes historically renown for speed at all points of sail.

Also, I think sometimes you might get Medicine trading runs,
but medicine is automatically used to heal wounded crew if you have any.

Maybe the time limits for trade runs should depend on the speed and sailing characteristics of your ship.
And that with a BIG allowance for delays. Or maybe there shouldn't be a time limit at all.
As long as you DO deliver the goods upon visiting the other trader.

I've a strong feeling that no time limit is much more realistic because in those days the recipient of the goods would be happy he got it at all!

They have no way of knowing your progress, really, just that they are expecting goods from someone else because they signed a contract. With ships being wrecked by the weather, taken by pirates, etc oh and no email, again, they'd be happy if the goods just arrived.

Ahoy matey, :gday

Indeed it's possible to command the Flying Dutchman (and any other cursed/film ships).
See point #4 in this post of our Frequently Asked Questions: http://forum.pirates...post__p__352881
When sailing the Dutchman in Build 14 Beta 2.1, you'll also have the added bonus of being able to submerge below the waves to surprise your enemies... and call in the Kraken!
Have fun sending your foes to the depths... ;)

[Thanks matey, :onya i found the guy with the special ships, this is awesome. but too adictive i could sit here and explore the caribean for hours, even days, Ive got a holiday next week, guess what il be doing.
maybe you could clear up a couple of other matters. Ive got beta 2.1, in hoist the colours does the story end after the curse of black pearl or does it cont' to dead mans and worlds end?
Also, If i succesfully capture a town and take comand of it i get trapped in the fort and attacked if i try to return to it.

quote name='Armada' timestamp='1331326292' post='419352']
Ahoy matey, :gday

Indeed it's possible to command the Flying Dutchman (and any other cursed/film ships).
See point #4 in this post of our Frequently Asked Questions: http://forum.pirates...post__p__352881
When sailing the Dutchman in Build 14 Beta 2.1, you'll also have the added bonus of being able to submerge below the waves to surprise your enemies... and call in the Kraken!
Have fun sending your foes to the depths... ;)
[/quote]

[maybe you could clear up a couple of other matters. Ive got beta 2.1, in hoist the colours does the story end after the curse of black pearl or does it cont' to dead mans and worlds end?
Also, If i succesfully capture a town and take comand of it i get trapped in the fort and attacked if i try to return to it.

Hoist the Colours - Jack Sparrow - at the moment the main story finishes after Curse of the Black Pearl - - Dead Man's Chest & Worlds End have not yet been written.

Capturing Towns / Settlements - this mod is still a " Work in Progress" - and has bugs at the moment. If you want to know which towns work and what you can do with them then check this post ---- >> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__389087

As far as I know this is how things currently stand - but check the following posts in the thread for more recent information.

:cheers

my game crashes when i use certain ships, the master and comanders hms surprise for one, the game crashes within seconds of the first sea battle, and the hms victory, sometimes i get this grey flashing patches during battles which sometimes resolve themself and sometimes it crashes back to the desktop, Its not bothering me much, i just avoid using certain ships i know to be a problem, it would be great though to fix it somehow, so, heres my sys specs, AMD athlon II, 3 GB RAM, MSI 760G M'board with integrated ATI graphics (700mb video mem)

Its an integrated graphics card, and theres the fix available for problems with intels integrated graphics, would this maybe work for me?

Back