• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request True auto-looting until capacity (not there yet)

andyandy

Sailor Apprentice
It would be great if all defeated opponents loot would automatically go to your inventory/officer's inventory. If i'll check every corpse to loot, why not just do it automatically for me so i can move on? PS: there's no inventory max implemented, so it doesn't make sense to trade-off, even then, the trade-off should only happen when inventory is full.

There is a maximum inventory. You'll know when you've reached it because you can't loot money from corpses. Actually, you can: you drop one item onto the corpse, take the money, then take back the item. (You can exploit this to get rid of cursed albatrosses without having to detour to Bridgetown.)

But it would be nice if all ammo went to your or your officers' inventories. You might have full loads of powder and bullets but one or more of your trigger-happy officers may be minus a shot or two, and it would save me a lot of effort if they could help themselves to any ammo lying around on dead enemies. However, if it can't be transferred directly and automatically to officers then I don't want it looted until I've replenished officers' stocks from my own load, then I can replenish mine from whatever I can scavenge.

Expanding the Auto Loot functionality should be quite possible and would indeed reduce the amount of unnecessary player actions.
Because this does not add more gameplay and isn't technically broken now either, I have marked this as a Low Priority feature request.

This would require a fair bit of figuring out, since there are a lot of variables to consider, most notably "who is doing the looting?"
We'd also have to think about game balancing and whether officers/crewmembers loot for themselves or for the player.
Or have their loot go into the Weaponslocker.

There might be a vaguely related weird effect too, because currently the Weaponslocker fills up apparently automatically and I'm not entirely sure why.
I always assumed this was because of crewmembers auto-looting for themselves, but I do not know that for sure.

There is a maximum inventory.
Not as an intentional feature. That is probably just a limit in number of items (maybe number of item TYPES?) which is probably quite high.

Back