• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

two glitches

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I found two problems today. One is a personal problem and the other could be generic.

1. Time stops on land. When I set foot on land the clock stops. If I hit the ground at 5:56 it stays there while I run all over the town and island doing things. The only things that move the clock is loading and unloading cargo in the store and renting a room in the tavern. Is there some way to get the clock running again?

2. Some time back I knocked out and robbed some town guards. :dance When they recovered they walked around unarmed. Well 9 years later they are still wandering around unarmed so I decided to kill them so that armed guards could replace them. It didn't work. The next day they are still wandering around unarmed! :facepalm
Is there a way to re-arm the town guards?

Shouldn't this be posted on the bug tracker?

1. Is intentional. See this line in InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define TIMEUPDATE_BLOCK_LAND     1       // BOOL - whether time updates per minute or on location change (i.e. in blocks)
Not sure if the "0" setting even works.

2. That must be due to "resurrection" of the previously killed guards.

No. Time never changes. I can go from the port all the way through town into the jungle and run to the next town and back and the time never changes.

This may be my poor memory (I haven't played New Horizons for some time, coming back to it only a couple of days ago!) but where is the time found? My game only has the date at the top of the screen, with the time coming up only when loading/unloading causes the log to report what happened. By the way, the fact that the log can be "laconic" amuses me. I imagine a first lieutenant making terse remarks in my ear, or the portly surgeon chattering away on "verbose". ;-)

The time will show at the top of the screen when you equip a clock. Any clock will do but the better ones show more information. Pretty much any merchant should have one.

Back