• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Two Ideas

Desric

Landlubber
I was looking through the mods and found one that talked about changing the sail color, material, and herald on the ship's sails. I thought it would be included in the complete CM v3.1.5 since the mod was listed under CM v3.1, but if it is, I haven't found anywhere in game. I thought it was a good idea, and it always seemed kinda strange to me that they would have that in the first AoP but not the second. I'm not taking credit for the idea of changing sails, I'm just saying it would be a nice addition to accompany all the new ships.

Second, with all the new character models for the officers and playable characters, I think it would be nice if your actions could affect not only the loyalty, but the reputation of the officers you hire. Perhaps the officer's reputation could increase or decrease by 10% of the increase or decrease that the main character's actions receive. Too many times have I run into a unique officer or one with abilities perfect for certain positions that i want to hire into my crew but their reputation conflicts with mine. Perhaps a special action could be added to the officers' interface where you could pay them a flat rate (like giving money to the beggars in town) or even give them a permanent raise to improve loyalty or keep them from leaving your crew while their reputation slowly shifts to more closely resemble the main character's reputation. It can get to be a bit frustrating when you finally find the officer you've been searching across the Caribbean for and it turns out that hiring them with their current reputation will only mean they'll end up costing you money before they leave your crew.

I'd love to know what everyone thinks of this and if the ideas are even feasible additions to the game.

We are currently working on getting the sails customizable. Unfortunatly its causing a conflict, and while we are able to change the sails and material, attempting to purchase a ship results in an error, and the player is unable to do so.

The second idea you posted sounds good. Also on that same note, it seems entirely feesable that conflicting reputations would be a problem. For instance, an officer aboard the english navy probably wouldnt jump at the oppurtunity to sign up with Captain Jack Sparrow...savvy?

Savvy... All I'm saying is that if you've got Jack and he tries to recruit Will Turner, Will might resist at first, but he'll eventually go along with it. I'm not saying change someone from bloody assassin to hero, but maybe regular or trusted sailor. Maybe set a cap on how much their reputation can change. 3-5 ranks maybe (i.e. shark to trusted sailor).

Back