• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Tx Converter Error

ThirdWish

Landlubber
I've been trying for days to modify a character texture with no success and would appreciate some help pls.

I locate the texture file I want to modify just fine
I use Tx converter to convert it to TGA just fine
I've made modifications with both Gimp and Paint.NET with the same results
I've saved with the same file name and a different file name with the same results

PROBLEM = when I try to convert the file back to Tx format using Tx converter a popup message box from Converter Tx says: Error access file: C:\etc.tga (I've triple checked permissions for the directory they are in)

I get the same error message box if I double click the modified file in Tx Converter as well, whereas unmodifieds will show the texture and give information under it.

This only happens with files I've modified, I can pull out a TX file, convert it to TGA, and convert it back to TX just fine, but not files I've modified in any way.

I've also noticed that my modified files aren't showing a size nor BPP in Converter Tx whereas the unmodified ones do, if that's a clue.

Please, any clues welcome.

Perhaps you need to save the TGA files in a different way? Try some different settings.

Got it finally, Pieter. Both Gimp and Paint.NET have an RLE Compression box checked by default when you save the modified file. I unchecked that box and it's working like a champ now. Now if only I were an artist ;)

I appreciate your response, it pointed me towards the answer. TY

RLE! That sounds familiar. I think that's what I had the issue with as well in Photoshop, but I can't remember.
Glad to hear you managed to got around it. :cheers

Back