• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Unable to find battling fleets after dropping out of world map

hmmm...actually the game didn't do it that much and I didn't even change anything yet. So I decided to do a clean install and by now I haven't had any case where the ships aren't where they are suppost to ... This is on realism mode. There laid the problem right?

Adding my two cents.

Sometimes when you join battles via world map no battle is initiated. I understand a random chance of missing the action is nice but it tends to be based on how long it takes for you to press the yes button.

It may be just like when the crew demands wages screen, in that your ship keeps moving. Not 100% sure if this happen in stock POTC, I never remember it being like that.
Hmm....indeed here lies the problem... I just read trough the topic again and this seems to be the case.

If the sail ho screen comes up the ships keep moving so sometimes you might get another encounter if you wait and sometimes you have nothing.
let me see what I can do about that....

Could someone else also confirm this btw?

Last edited:
Tried it and after clicking 'Yes' on the sail-ho menu, the game just freeze/hang. seadogs2_0000.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    22 KB · Views: 171
  • error.log
    77 bytes · Views: 160
  • system.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 166
OMG! Now I can't even engage with regular fleets. seadogs2_0001.jpg The game just freezes after clicking 'yes'. :modding(And I forgot to make backup:facepalm) *No error.log

Attachments

• compile.log
    18.7 KB · Views: 162
  • system.log
    395.1 KB · Views: 181
Sorry, was a bit late and I forgot something.
This should do the trick.
Please check if it works for salary also, wasn't able to test that well yet.

Attachments

• WORLD_MAP_FIX_2.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 178
"Unable to find battling fleets after dropping out of worldmap" problem...GONE! :dance
Engaging with battling fleets works perfect now: seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg :thumbs1
Engaging with regular fleets also works perfect now: seadogs2_0003.jpg seadogs2_0004.jpg seadogs2_0005.jpg :thumbs1
*Oh and also with the salary, it works just fine! :) (Sorry, I forgot to get a screenie of that.:p)

Attachments

• compile.log
    66.5 KB · Views: 159
  • error.log
    557 bytes · Views: 142
  • system.log
    1.7 MB · Views: 188

Great to see it's all fixed.

Not played much over the last month. Been busy mostly arranging RO2 and Arma3 event's for my clan.

Quick question before I get back into it, will time still pass while in salary mode, deciding to join battle etc?

Just so I know how relaxed I can be when low on supplies :shrug

The only time that time stops is when you are in a menu. If you can see your ship the clock is ticking.

I've been playing for 3 hours with no ships turning up half the time I drop out. I kept thinking "that F*in patch/fix hasn't worked" great.... :ship

The I checked and realised I never downloaded or applied Levis' fix :facepalm

Still you almost gave me a heartattack. I saw this topic alive again and I was afraid the problem was back :p.

Stop kicking this thread and causing me to panick :p.

Back