• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Uncharted 4 Gameplay (PS4) (Uncharted 4 A Thief's End Gameplay)

PS4. That is why memory costs so much now. I just paid $172 USD for 16 gb of ram. Those things are soaking up all the manufacturing capacity.

I saw that video the other day, and I can't wait for the release! :dance
There's a lot of talent going into that game, from both the developers and the actors, so it should end up being something special.
Oh, and pirate treasure!! :treasure:

You're right Armada. No doubt, the developers are really good :bow. The game is close to a movie in terms of quality.

I found an interesting article about this game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ed-4-the-generational-leap-we-were-hoping-for

nathan-drake-uncharted-4-vs-uncharted-3.png

I just love every Uncharted so far. Played every single version, and can't wait for this one! Looks amazing!

This does look quite good, it is unfortunate that it is a PS 4 only tittle though, especially with the beating Sony has taken lately. They are needlessly limiting their potential player base, if this were a PC title too, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it when it comes out.

Yes, it's annoying but Sony wants to sell PS4 and we can do nothing against :shrug
Anyway, it's always interesting to see the work made by the developers of Naughty dog.
In the future, I'll try to update this thread regularly. Remember, there is a treasure at stake in this game.:keith

Last edited:
This does look quite good, it is unfortunate that it is a PS 4 only tittle though, especially with the beating Sony has taken lately. They are needlessly limiting their potential player base, if this were a PC title too, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it when it comes out.
Yeah, platform exclusives are a necessary evil. Imagine if Mario titles were available on every platform; you probably wouldn't buy a Nintendo console to play them on. :shrug
It's especially important now that the PS4 and Xbox One are almost the same machines under the hood. Exclusives offer the only real differentiation between them.

@Armada Yes, I should have elaborated a bit more. That is the problem I have with consoles nowadays, they are nothing more than needlessly crippled PC's. In my opinion, it is the corporate philosophy of branding at it's most ludicrous. The PC that I have now, one I built originally in 2008, can handle most of today’s console games without an issue. The one I built before that could handle a lot of them, with an upgraded graphics card of course. The old consoles, like the original Nintendo, were at least innovative for their time. It is part of the reason that the "PC gaming is dead" campaigns have been even remotely successful.

It was cheaper for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft to take off the shelf PC components and use them, then to actually create something of their own. The systems are only separated by the fact that they are controlled by proprietary sets of BIOS chips and operating systems. I am hoping that Valves Steam Box eventually blows them all out of the water.

@Armada Yes, I should have elaborated a bit more. That is the problem I have with consoles nowadays, they are nothing more than needlessly crippled PC's. In my opinion, it is the corporate philosophy of branding at it's most ludicrous.
Oh I agree that consoles represent corporate greed at its worst, no doubt. I dislike the dirty tactics that both sides use to try to make their console stand out, particularly when it's as silly as "get an exclusive in-game hat for game X only on console Y" or something.

I would disagree that the consoles are deliberately crippled PCs, though. They're aiming for a lower price point than the average gaming PC, and without the added hassle of choosing individual components or dealing with an OS designed for everyday computing. With that in mind, and considering games can be optimised more easily for single platforms, I'd argue that consoles offer good value for money for the average gamer. Steam Machines do look promising as a living room alternative, but that's a whole different debate about who would actually buy one of them.

Yes, this generation of consoles was pretty much out of date hardware-wise as soon as it began, but they do last relatively well. If a gamer mainly wants the very best cutting-edge graphics, then of course PC is the best option, but it's very expensive to keep up with the rapidly changing hardware. The argument of "Steam games are cheaper" is of course valid, and I definitely won't commit to digital console games until they reduce the insane prices, but PS Plus and Games with Gold do at least offer a huge amount of free games for a fairly good yearly subscription.

One day, I reckon consoles will be replaced with streaming services anyway, so the hardware debate will no longer be an issue, but that's a long way off. :read

Solution for PC: PS4 emulator :wp

That might actually be possible with Intel's latest I7 5960X. 8 cores and 16 threads is pretty impressive number crunching!

Oh I agree that consoles represent corporate greed at its worst, no doubt. I dislike the dirty tactics that both sides use to try to make their console stand out, particularly when it's as silly as "get an exclusive in-game hat for game X only on console Y" or something.

I would disagree that the consoles are deliberately crippled PCs, though. They're aiming for a lower price point than the average gaming PC, and without the added hassle of choosing individual components or dealing with an OS designed for everyday computing. With that in mind, and considering games can be optimised more easily for single platforms, I'd argue that consoles offer good value for money for the average gamer. Steam Machines do look promising as a living room alternative, but that's a whole different debate about who would actually buy one of them.

Yes, this generation of consoles was pretty much out of date hardware-wise as soon as it began, but they do last relatively well. If a gamer mainly wants the very best cutting-edge graphics, then of course PC is the best option, but it's very expensive to keep up with the rapidly changing hardware. The argument of "Steam games are cheaper" is of course valid, and I definitely won't commit to digital console games until they reduce the insane prices, but PS Plus and Games with Gold do at least offer a huge amount of free games for a fairly good yearly subscription.

One day, I reckon consoles will be replaced with streaming services anyway, so the hardware debate will no longer be an issue, but that's a long way off. :read

The 8 core AMD Jaguar APU variants that both Microsoft and Sony consoles are based off of are 1.75 megahertz chips. You can get an AMD Quad core FX-4300 APU based gaming rig off Newegg for $379. Far from top of the line, but very comparable to the 8 cores. You can find core I5 systems for only a couple hundred more. The parallel processing power of 8 cores might get you a few extra frames, but it's not something an average gamer is going to notice.

I do agree with the fact that PC operating systems are not optimized for gaming, but they never have been. I think Microsoft has even gone out of it's way the past few years to try and cripple gaming on Windows systems to push their console. These two consoles are more optimized for making money than they are for gaming. I don't want to get to far off topic here, but I do understand your point of view. I guess this is just one topic we will have to agree to disagree on.

That might actually be possible with Intel's latest I7 5960X. 8 cores and 16 threads is pretty impressive number crunching!
I didn't check if it already exists a PS4 emulator (at least a good one!)
But, I don't think we can have a good optimisation with a such software.

There isn't one that I am aware of, it would be quite a difficult feat to match that kind of hardware performance with software. Almost impossible at the moment really, but the new i7's are screaming fast! I am seriously considering buying one and building my first liquid cooled PC around it, everything I have built so far has been air cooled.

Back