• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Uncharted Waters Online Gran Atlas Chapter 2: Astronomy

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
OGPlanet has announced a new update to their latest Uncharted Waters Online Expansion, Gran Atlas, Chapter 2: Astronomy. Here is the press release :

Uncharted Waters Online Announces New Expansion, Gran Atlas Chapter 2: Astronomy

Torrance, CA - June 25, 2015 - OGPlanet is proud to announce the long awaited major update for the MMORPG Uncharted Waters Online: Gran Atlas Chapter 2 Astronomy. This update will be available for players on June 25, 2015. More information is available on the official website at http://uwo.ogplanet.com/en/main.og.

In celebration of the new expansion players can participate in a daily login event. Player will receive different daily rewards and also be able pick up their goodies from the Event Tab in the Captain's Chest under the newly designed Sailor's Bottle window.

All new players will receive double experience rate for any of the Adventure, Trade, or Battle levels below 35, counted separately. All players will receive 1.5 times of the normal Skill Proficiency rate permanently.

The new Astronomy skill has been added to the array of skills for adventurers. This will allow players to discover constellations and stars in the realistic night sky designed within the game.

Lastly, a new Aide Officer system will be added so that highly experienced aides can now join the Royal Fleet! Which means players can benefit greatly when training any future aides, and have them inherit a permanent aide skill the Aide Officer had.

For more information on Uncharted Waters Online, visit http://uwo.ogplanet.com/en/main.og

Stay up-to-date on all UWO's events, updates and contests by following UWO on Facebook and Twitter.

They also included a link to the "latest" trailer which was posted back in February, which was a reposting of the Japanese trailer from 2013. Rather than reposting that trailer yet again, I figured I would post a fan made trailer that actually gave you a much better look at what the real game looks like :

And this one is a quick bit of a Let's Play :

Attachments

• Uncharted_Waters_Online_Astronomy.jpg
    Uncharted_Waters_Online_Astronomy.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 31
Damn those korean pricks.. I had 5 accounts.. 3 of them I was locked out of for no reason.. I was one of the richest in the game.. I filled all 5 accounts with 20b each and then took a break for a month.. came back and couldn't log in my accounts despite many support requests :(

But this is a very wide open world game.. from Europe to Asia, sailing would take you 40-50m with an average fast ship. It's the only game you will ever meet that can actually take you a lifetime without finishing it, which is one advantage to it.. you can't be the best because you keep developing and that's a time-consuming thing.

Problem with this game is the pirate players are outrun, outgunned, and outnumbered.. most veteran players are pirate hunters and they made 95% of pirates quit the game because they were simply under advantaged by all the pirate hunting.

Trade in this game is not bad at all.. but at the same time ridiculous. A 1 hour and 30 min voyage from europe to asia and back, can net you 100-150m with good cargo haul.

On another end, what destroyed this game is when they signed it on steam, thousands of players joined and everyone paid money to buy astros.. then hundreds of those players got rare ships from the sailor's bottle.. then everyone now has billions.

And poor me I spent 5 months buying & reselling to make 100+ billion in profits.. only to encounter a bunch of kids who nearly became as rich as me just because they spent a few dollars on the game.. that's another reason that made me lose appetite.

With no racial offense intended, those korean nitwits made a successful game; but successful only because thousands play it and a lot of astro buyers filled the admin's pockets, which enabled the game to keep moving; otherwise in my opinion UWO would have been a much better entertainment if it wasn't focused on players spending real money to enhance their game play. And trust me, spending money on astro is very tempting.. a lot of desirable rewards, but make it unfair for the hundreds and thousands who aren't eligible to purchase.

Ps. just look at every update they make .. all those updates 99.9% consist of updated "Sailor's bottle" ships.. enough said

Problem with this game is the pirate players are outrun, outgunned, and outnumbered.. most veteran players are pirate hunters and they made 95% of pirates quit the game because they were simply under advantaged by all the pirate hunting.
Sounds like they did a real good job of replicating the actual history of piracy, then! :rofl

lol if you hear the rest of the story, you'll laugh even more.. this Gran Atlas update #1.. it introduces Port Royal city in the Caribbean as a pirate haven because as they said during that time piracy was rampart! :rolleyes:

But when you start the game, you automatically start doing main character quests.. each nation has a different one and it takes time to complete.. but most of them are based on historical facts from the 15-16th century early ages.. then somehow they introduce St Petersburg new russian city and the kingdom of sweden.. then timeframe shifts to 17-18th century. :checklist

Moreorless, I got bored after a year of playing because i was more interested in Caribbean naval game.. so I played Pirates of the burning sea.. not bad at all, except that new management caused major economic changes that made 90% of players quit.. so game is literally dead and the map size is quite small for a massive multiplayer game.. on top of that, you need at least 20-30 accounts to make a good economy business run for you.. in which you must spend every day 1-2 hours logging in and out to fix up your supply chain and run the business..

I gave up on that.. now it is up to Piratesahoy to establish the next generation of Caribbean MMO in the near future (first let's check out Hearts of oak :p)

I gave up on that.. now it is up to Piratesahoy to establish the next generation of Caribbean MMO in the near future (first let's check out Hearts of oak :p)
One way or another, HoO is not intended to be a multiplayer game. :no

Yes I know.. games like COAS and POTC are very special and can't be compared to any other game.. single player has it's own beauty.. as for MMO, it needs a devoted set of design that can make it live on through the years.

Back