• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Under The Crossbones Upcoming Interview!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
A few weeks ago I posted an article about a new podcast that was about all things pirate called Under the Crossbones, hosted by comedian and musician Phil Johnson. If you haven't checked out his Podcast yet, I recommend that you have a listen, it is really quite well done and there is quite a lot of great information from his guests. His most recent interview, Podcast #18, is with the author of a book detailing the real life events that led to Robert Louis Stevenson writing “Treasure Island!” John Amrhein is his name, and his book is called “Treasure Island: The Untold Story.” It is really quite a fascinating story, and you can tell that he has devoted quite a good chunk of his life to researching all the details. You can learn more about the book on his web page HERE!

Phil also has some free swag up over on his web page, he is offering a free PDF copy of the fantastic 1678 book The Pirates of Panama” for signing up to his newsletter. You can sign up for that HERE! I know a lot of you are already familiar with this book, but it's also a great way to keep up with his upcoming guests. He also has an MP3 of the theme song for the podcast HERE! Over the past couple of weeks, you may have seen Phil around checking us out and trying to find out just who we are and what we do. He is a busy man though and doesn't have a lot of free time between his stand up comedy, his music and doing the Podcast. Phil invited me to come on his show and talk a bit about Pirates Ahoy! and what we do here, I told him I had been here over 12 years, and I am not sure I know what is going on, but I agreed to try and fill him in the best I could.

Today, December 5'th, Phil recorded an interview with me that is currently listed in his schedule as episode 23, which should go live sometime in January. In the meantime, head on over and check out the rest of his podcasts when you are looking for something to do, they are really quite informative! You can get them over on iTunes, Android, or on Youtube! Here is the Youtube link for Under the Crossbones #18, it is over an hour, but the story is well worth it! :onya

Attachments

• Under_the_Crossbones_400x400.jpg
    Under_the_Crossbones_400x400.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 39
An interview with YOU? That will be fascinating!
And very much awesome too. :woot

I certainly enjoyed talking with you mate, maybe we can do it again sometime down the road! :onya

If your looking for some far more interesting guests however, you might try looking these guys up : Sea Gypsies | PiratesAhoy!

Ooh, they look pretty neat! I'll have to get in contact. :) Thanks for the tip!

I just recorded a great interview with John Chatterton this afternoon. Looks like it'll be a two-part show. :)

Back