• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Unfortunate Thief

Ben Coats

Freebooter
Antigua shipyard quest, to find an axe for the yard man, i've looked all over town, asked everyone, searched the grotto, every house and nothing, anyone done this?
SD2.jpg

You have to ask people about the tool. Ask people in the streets, the shopkeeper, the innkeeper, everyone. Eventually one of them will tell you it was a hobo that was trying to sell it. When someone tells you about the hobo, then you have to find him.

I've found him walking in the streets, in houses, and in the jungle, but I don't think I've ever found him in one of the shops, even the back rooms.. Search all the houses first, and watch the streets. I found him once in a mansion... I guess he was there to steal something. If someone's home in the houses, check in the other rooms.

There are various outcomes when you talk to him. He might give you the tool, he might tell you where he threw it away in the jungle (it will be in the area just outside the town gates), or he may run away and you don't get the tool back. If he fights you, he usually has some good loot; he must have been a very successful thief. :)

It's worth looking for the guy as it pays well for an early game quest. Eventually you'll have enough money that it won't be worthwhile to take the time to search for him, as it usually takes quite a while to find the guy.

Hook

I've noticed that some common houses are open sometimes, while closed some other day, though I don't know when they reset from one state to the other. Is it possible the hobo is inside a closed house, so that you need to come back later or wait some time till that house is open? About exploring the jungle, the quest log says "town outskirts". I understand it means the first map or level after leaving the town, with the gates. Or is it possible to find him deeper in the jungle, I mean, a couple of maps or levels further?

Oops, missed seeing this when you posted it.

I found the hobo at the lighthouse once, so he can probably be anywhere in the jungle. As far a I know, he'll always be available somewhere, so he's not in a locked house. I've never found him in a cave or grotto, and I'd search everywhere else a second time before going into a cave to find him.

I have seen the wandering native merchants in caves and grottoes, so it's possible.

If he threw the tool away, it's usually somewhere in the first area outside the town gates.

Hook

Back