• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Unique Characters and some other questions..

JNNSK

Landlubber
Hi there. I have a couple of questions:

I want to be able to play as Blackbeard of Davy Jones (or obviously, Barbossa), does anyone know how to be able to unlock these characters?
I got the ships from a known place from the vander-somethingsomething guy but I want to make a whole fleet with Davy Jones and his ship (just need Jones now), Blackbeard and his ship, Barbossa and maybe beckett or Jack with the normal pearl for example (expensive as heck, but cool)
But yeah, I want to be able to play as them or make my officers/captains look like 'em.
(I read it somewhere but I can't find the link back :( )

Edit: Found Barbossa and Jack ect, now I'll need Jones.

2nd question, is there a way to stop the curse? I got a savegame with and without the coins and it kinda sucks cause I don't like to be cursed all the time, so I play on the non-cursed savegame but then whenI make progress on one of them, it doesn't effect the other save obviously.

3rd, What's the "xxxx acres of land" thing? I got my promotions at some ranks, but I don't know what to do with it.

4th, I get these options to build stuff, can I make a own town or something with that or what the hell is it? If you can, what's a good place to start building? hehe.

Anyway, you don't have to answer all of em, just help me by sharing your knowledge! Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Buy the outfits from tailor shops; the pirate one is best for the ones you are after.
If you can't find them, you can also get them by editing PROGRAM\console.c and executing F12 afterwards.
Let us know if you need any assistance with that. :doff

2. You still have the cursed coin? If so, lifting the curse is easy enough. You do it the same way as in the film by returning the coin.

3. The land you get is "just a number", but you get daily personal wealth from it which makes you more famous.

4. You can build anywhere. It works a bit oddly, but can be a lot of fun as well.
Best places are some generally level shore/jungle areas. Just give it a try and see what happens.

...you can also get them by editing PROGRAM\console.c and executing F12 afterwards.
Let us know if you need any assistance with that. :doff
In PROGRAM\console.c , go to line 95: Clipboard01.jpg and remove the "//" and press F12 during gameplay.
That code (Jack) will give you Jack Sparrow.

Here are the codes for the special characters:

CHARACTERS:
Jack Sparrow = "Jack" OR "depp"
Davy Jones = "DavyJones"
Captain Barbossa = "Barbossa"
Blackbeard = "Blackbeard"
Cutler Beckett = "Cutler_Beckett"
Will Turner = "Will"
Tia Dalma = "TiaDalma"
Ragetti = "Ragetti"

You can find this info in the FAQ in the Wiki. You might want to check that out. Link under my signature and Sire Pieter's as well. :beer:

Back