• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unique locations

Is that the location we've got in use as Charlestown on Nevis? If I recall, we considered that one for Singapore as well.
I reckon the Isla Muelle one would be easier when flooded, but that one wouldn't look like a port. :facepalm

No, I will post a video from youtube that has the location in it. The location I am talking about is at the end of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vls9lkBUJ4&feature=related

Dont know about everything being forced on me... been quite, worse for the wear (we will say) xD:... the last few days

The wheel fight I think a cutscene is in order :yes

I was wondering how we were planning on tackling certain locations in-game. I had some ideas for some, but others just seem to hard or difficult, even if we work with what we have. Here are the ones we should be thinking about. If anyone is interested on my ideas on some of them, just let me know.

1: Singapore....... we don't have any Asian city skins or Venice-like areas. We could take the Isla Muelle Trade Square and fill it with water allowing you to only walk on the causeways and the upper levels. This would most definitely be temporary location.

2: Isla Pelegastos....... An easier possibility, but still potentially challenging. We may be able to use the Bridge, as that visual of Jack running across the bridge is how most people remember the island. The Indian camp is another story though. This would most likely be coded in the same manner as Isla de Meurta or Mona/Petit Tabac.

3: Isla Cruces......Still fairly simple. It could be built around two areas, A standard beach where the DMC is, and the lighthouse location to use as the mill/church from the film. The duel on the wheel may be hard though. We could just use clips from the movie. Again, this would probably be coded in the same manner as I stated above.

4: Whitecap bay......Probably just a temporary location using the lighthouse.

5: The Fountain of Youth......I have no idea. The waterfall could be integrated though somehow.

6: London....Just a temporary location reskinned of Redmond.

7: Davy Jones' Locker.......I have no idea how to do this one. Maybe just the shipwreck beach or Octopus Bay.

8: Shipwreck Cove.....This seems nearly impossible. This location is very unique (it would be nice to add this island in on all of the storylines as the pirate capital)

Well, there you are, my ideas. Feel free to use them, but if anyone has a better idea for these islands, just post here, savvy?

i have an idea for few of the locations.

Shipwreck Cove- the devil island/cozumel island and in the middle of it you can put a big/huge rock(like curacao one) and on it you can put ship parts(outside).(inside) you can put the pirate settlement of nevis port with few ship parts and then all like the pirate settlement of nevis.OR WE CAN USE THE city of abandoned ships
from age of pirates 2!!!!!!!! :sail :onya :shock :gday :dance

dave jones locker- the shipwreck beach but instand the ship wreak you can put the black pearl.

:keith :dance :will

this one!!!!

and this one:

http://www.gbase.ch/uploads/ci/cbild/Age-of-Pirates-2---City-of-Abandoned-Ships_95972.jpg

Attachments

• shipwreck cove.jpg
    shipwreck cove.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,310
If you read the topic you will see that the city of abandoned ships has already been mentioned... that quote is due to the fact that you cant test a location by a dialog jump when the actual location isnt in game (the city isnt in PotC yet :no)

that's a pitty :modding

but maybe you can build it. from the ship deck world map. :mm

(the one when you go on your ship) take on ship deck and add to it another one? :nk :piratesahoy! :sail

and then make an entire city. :dance

I'm guessing that by 'map' he means the locations, not the world map showing all the islands. 'Map' often means a location model in other games, you know.
What he must have meant to ask was if we could copy the City of Abandoned Ships location to PotC... but due to misunderstanding, Pieter said it was impossible.
Therefore, he's suggesting we take the ship deck locations (used in boarding etc) and combine them into one big location to act as Shipwreck City.
Does that sound right? :shrug

I'm guessing that by 'map' he means the locations, not the world map showing all the islands. 'Map' often means a location model in other games, you know.
What he must have meant to ask was if we could copy the City of Abandoned Ships location to PotC... but due to misunderstanding, Pieter said it was impossible.
Therefore, he's suggesting we take the ship deck locations (used in boarding etc) and combine them into one big location to act as Shipwreck City.
Does that sound right? :shrug

YES!!!! :drunk :cheers :cheers :shoot:

AH! Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were talking about the WORLDmap.
As Captain Maggee says, porting location models is no problem;
all that's needed is to do it and maybe adjust the locators and code a bit.

If we were to, say, code in a Shipwreck Island in the same manner as Isla De Muerta was coded, would it be possible to use the Khael Roa island model again on the world map, or can it only be used once (and in that fixed location)

Nobody from PiratesAhoy! has ever managed to change the worldmap, though it does seem possible as the Russians have done it.
However, if we do manage to add an island with the Khael Roa model, it would be permanently there and couldn't be added/removed in mid-game.
The reason why with Isla de Muerte we can is because we're not adding an island model on the map, just some town icons.

Back