• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Unique ship

So, would it be possible to make the Black Pearl unique in CoAS too, so that it will be owned only by Barbossa and it will sail only around Tortuga, for example?

I recall having troubles with character names too; it's worth seeing if adding it to RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\characters_names.txt makes any difference.
(NOTE: Folder structure might be slightly different as this is from the very-similarly-coded PotC).

I think what Cpt Nogo is doing now for AoP is exactly that and would be easily transferred in similar fashion to CoAS.

So, would it be possible to make the Black Pearl unique in CoAS too, so that it will be owned only by Barbossa and it will sail only around Tortuga, for example?

Indeed we have already done that in GOF. (Aubrey has the Sophie, Sparrow has the Black Pearl, etc...) However, the game randomly selects where the NPCs will end up, so I don't know how to change that so they are consistently in one place all the time. It is very easy to change which ship an NPC gets. Go to Program/characters/RPGutilite and find the segment with NPCs and ships. It looks like this.

case "Dep0":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, true);

That's how we have it in GOF now. Simply change them to whatever you want.

MK

Indeed we have already done that in GOF. (Aubrey has the Sophie, Sparrow has the Black Pearl, etc...) However, the game randomly selects where the NPCs will end up, so I don't know how to change that so they are consistently in one place all the time. It is very easy to change which ship an NPC gets. Go to Program/characters/RPGutilite and find the segment with NPCs and ships. It looks like this.

case "Dep0":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, true);

That's how we have it in GOF now. Simply change them to whatever you want.

MK

Thanks!

Back