• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unique ship

Captain Nogo

Landlubber
Hi guys!

I'm new in this forum and i would like to know how can i make my Pearl unique 'cause i don't want to cross another Pearl

Thanks

PS:Sorry if my english isn't good, i'm french

CanBuy and CanEncounter to false in ships_init.c? Does CoAS have that too?

This line doesn't exist for Frigate or Warship.
It exists just for boats like Tartane or War Tartane.
Even when i add it ; it doesn't work.
I'll try to add them together...
I keep you informed
Thanks

PS:I don't know for COAS

Such a line does orrure in your ships_init.c file look at the tartane, just copy it at your desired place! Besides, your ship could still be shown in ports, what you need to make your vessel unique is a definition placement below at least the Manowar in the Ship.h file! The range of fantom available ships is between Tartane and Manowar, which is defined in the AIFantom file...

Well placing it at the end works, but some scripts use a counter to set the range of ships/items to generate; I dunno about the ships-script itself, but itis like this: If you cut a ship out and place it somewhere else, underneath the Galleon e.g, a script with a counter grabs the next ship in the line:

Grab range from Ship 1 + random 3

that'd create a Ship from Type 1 + a random value between 1 and 3, so it could be Types 4, 3, 2, 1.
NOW: If you cut out Ship 2, Ship 3 will become 2 and so on.... If e.g the Script is set to generate SMALL SHIPS and Ship 4 is a Gunboat, you cut one Ship out and place it somewhere else, another Ship takes the place. Ship 5 would be a war galleon or something with big-ass cannons on it, it would slide down by 1 and be ship 4 / in the middle of all the small Ships you'd encounter a friggin war ship.
That's why you have to use CanEncounter or DUPLICATE a Ship and give it the ID of the BlackPearl -> Ship is (internally) still BlackPearl, but in the Game it's called and looks like a Schooner or something -> Problem solved. Then you take the Original BlackPearl make a new Ship off it, at the very Bottom of the script and tha's that.

But as I said before, I don't know if any Scripts use this way, I've seen it in the RPGutilie script, for generating a Ship for the player. Ketch + Random 3.

Back