• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[Unity Developer] Offer of Return

Hammie

Storm Engine developer
Staff member
Storm Modder
:ahoy

As some of you may still remember, I worked on Hearts of Oak back when it first got started. I stopped working on the project after about a year because I was studying game development, and spending days creating games made it less enjoyable in the after-work hours.

Last year I graduated and started working, and I now create 3D visualisation software for 3D printing software/tools. Because it is no longer my main occupation, I started doing some more game-dev related personal projects again.

This also means I could spend some of this time helping you guys move the project forward again, which I would be happy to do.

Now I have been away for quite some time, so I will need some time to catch up to the latest news. But after that I am ready to work on whatever need doing :dance

Hammie

Aye Hammie, good to see you back mate! :woot

I am certain that we can find a space for you, what are you most interested in working on?

Aye Hammie, good to see you back mate! :woot

I am certain that we can find a space for you, what are you most interested in working on?

I would like to help improve the ship-to-ship combat, but it depends on what the current issues and plans are. So once this is approved, I'll go through some of the forums and discuss what I can do with @JohnSilver , whom I believe is the current programming coordinator?

For now, I have added you as a provisional programmer so you can have a look around. I am sure JohnSilver will be here shortly and tell you what he needs most. Thanks mate, and welcome back! :onya

I would like to help improve the ship-to-ship combat, but it depends on what the current issues and plans are. So once this is approved, I'll go through some of the forums and discuss what I can do with @JohnSilver , whom I believe is the current programming coordinator?
Hi there and welcome back,

Have you played version 1.8 of the release, that last demo that focused on ship combat?

You mentioned wanting to improve ship combat, what aspects did you want to focus on?

BTW, all new developers will work offline and develop modules on closed projects for a period of time before gaining full access to HoO source.

Cheers,

JS

Back