• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Unlock Landing Party if playing as pirate

Felipe Miranda

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Hello, how can i unlock the landing party ability without being friend with a governor? I mean, i'm a pirate, i want to capture colonies and all... But i dont want to do missions for governor...

I don't think so. You have to get a certain rank to unlock that perk. And pirates, idk have they any ranks. :pflag

You don't have to do missions for governors. But you will need to visit one and ask for a Letter of Marque. After that, sink or capture ships belonging to nations hostile to that governor. Look at your "Relations" screen and if your relationship with the governor's nation is green, you will get a promotion. You don't need to go back to the same governor, any governor working for the same nation will do - for example, if you originally got your Letter of Marque from the governor of Port Royale, you can collect your promotion from any British governor. When you've been promoted enough, perks which require trust of a governor, e.g. "Landing party", will be unlocked.

See also the thread Unlocking abilities. ;)

Can that perk be unlocked when playing as a pirate? Will the pirate boss at Nevis or Turks do that?

I don't think you can if you're playing as a pirate. But than... it is supposed to be a "Navy Troopers" sort of thing. So does that not make some sense?

Pirates raid villages... Some of them, conquer colonies and make than their hideout or safeport, so a pirate capturing colonies was something normal back then...

Pirates raid villages... Some of them, conquer colonies and make than their hideout or safeport, so a pirate capturing colonies was something normal back then...
Darn good point! :onya :yes

So may I suggest:
How 'bout adding another way to unlock that perk? Like it will be automatically unlocked when after joining the brotherhood.
As it is also a way of getting resources as it is very hard to transact with other merchants if they're not a pirate. And all nation ships are like "shoot on sight" to pirates.
So it's like a bonus thing when joining the pirates. And will be locked again if you decide to leave the brotherhood and you can unlock it by the way it is now.

The whole "playing as a pirate" thing is very underdeveloped. Needs more work than just adding that perk.

Code:
BattleInterface.AbilityIcons.Troopers.enable        = GetOfficersPerkUsing(mainCh, "Troopers");

At least in the interface it should appear when one of your officer has it.

also the place where it's used
Code:
if (GetNationRelation(iNation, tNation) == RELATION_ENEMY && CheckOfficersPerk(rCharacter,"Troopers")) { // PB: Need the "Land Toops" ability to assault towns directly
checks the officers

Last edited:
Back