• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Worldmap

Indeed a break would be good. I need some time "off" to work on my REAL job as well.
I just wished I could get the WIP 13/14 base fixed up enough to be PROPERLY playable though. We're soooo close.

I just realized that Cayman is only a little bit too close to Cuba. If one goes to the world map from the Cayman harbor you get transported to the North coast of Cuba. I timed out on a merchant trade mission last night because of that. But, if one sails out of the harbor and then goes to the world map one emerges in the proper position next to Cayman.

Would it be ok to move Cayman just a little bit away from Cuba?

If I'm going to move Cayman, I might as well move the other conflicting islands around Cuba too. Saves me having to redo the map textures multiple times.
I'll see what I can do given the time.

First things first, here's a fixed World Map with Cayman, Cozumel and Eleuthera moved clear of Cuba's radius: NewWorldMapFix.7z
Please let me know if this improves things. New game required for coordinate changes to work.

Is it only Saint Martin and Antigua that have collision problems? They should be easy enough to fix, since I don't have to mess with locators or seabed models etc.
For Antigua, I was thinking of using the dock from the CoAS island model that matches the Antigua port location model. Could you upload this island if you know which one it is?

Installed this and can see the moved islands. Haven't been able to check them out yet because this game is stuck on FU mode. In short, 2 islands, 3 fights against 6 ships, 3,1,2 and only 1 smuggling run!
How's a peaceful smuggler supposed to make a profit like that? :rumgone

Armada, could you have a look at the worldmap sea.tga.tx file? I think those white borders around the Central America mainland are being extended, which looks pretty weird:

Oops. Looks like I messed that up when I updated the texture. :oops: I fixed it the first time round, but forgot last time.
See attached for a fixed version.

But I had to sail over the other side of the bay where the old fort was before I could actually land my troops.
Probably related to the issue I mentioned before.

That's pretty weird then, because I moved the fort reload locator right next to the new fort (west side).
Then again, there are two more fort reload locators in the "QuestShip" group, so perhaps they need moving as well.

Attachments

• sea.tga.tx.7z
    1 MB · Views: 161
As for the worldmap, I would like to see a triangle stuffed with treasure fleets like in Sea Dogs 1.

Besides, on which island was that waterfall ?

I do believe we can mark this as "Completed". Now that those islands around Cuba are moved around, there should be no further issues with this mod.
Real cool addition for Beta 3, I must say! Really helps making it feel like a different and much better game! :cheers

BTW: I moved the discussion on redoing various of the island models to its own thread here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/updating-the-island-models.20962/

So it is now possible to sail all along the mainland coast of Central America, in Direct Sail mode.

WOW. :woot

:monkeydance

Possible indeed, because the Colombia island model is the size of the entire coast of Central America.
There's nothing there though. And you can only get there by going to Cartagena first. If you sail, say, from Cozumel due West, the coastline will not be loaded.
That is because there are no actual islands there to load to.

Should be, yes. We've got Cartagena as a location already in the game (not used on any islands), so that will be the first mainland city.

Since Cartagena has been added to the World map on the mainland - would it be possible to add Vera Cruz as well, somewhere on the Northern part of the mianland. :shrug

Since it is used in the Aztec Treasure part of the Bartolomeu and Assassin ( J Elting ) Storylines. ( Bartolomeu has created both a Port and a Town :type1)

:cheers

Last edited:
Bartolomeu asked for that as well. Problem though is that it falls quite outside the limits of the worldmap.
Might be time to go experimenting with those teleportation errors then.
That'd allow us to add Charleston too, which is used in Jack Rackham's Gold-Bug storyline.

That'd allow us to add Charleston too, which is used in Jack Rackham's Gold-Bug storyline.

Have you looked at Charleston - the Port and Town are very impressive - ( I especially like the Port - walking up and down the various slopes is cool. )
Jack Rackham has created some very good new locations for his quest :bow

Perhaps the Port could be used again in some other location. :shrug

:drunk

Have you looked at Charleston - the Port and Town are very impressive - ( I especially like the Port - walking up and down the various slopes is cool. )
I most assuredly did! And I like it a lot. That moored steamship with sound effects is fun too. :woot

Jack Rackham has created some very good new locations for his quest :bow

Perhaps the Port could be used again in some other location. :shrug
He adapted them from Voyage Century Online and managed to do a REALLY good job with it too.
At the moment we don't have anywhere that needs a new port though.

Back